Fiber optics is one of the methods of transmitting information that works by sending pulses of light through an optical fiber. The light transmitted then forms an electromagnetic carrier wave modulated to carry information. Fiber optics cable is used mainly for digital transmission of data and is increasingly being used owing to its efficiency and high transmission capacity. Fiber optics cables are used usually when high bandwidth, long distance, or immunity from external or internal interferences are required.
The growth in importance of data transfer and storage, Internet of Things, more number of connected devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and wearables are the major factors for the growth of the fiber optics cable market. Moreover, the market is expected to grow rapidly as these cables act as the main medium for fast and reliable data transfer. Moreover, due to many advantages of the fiber optics such as immunity to interferences from vibrations and electricity, ability to provide greater bandwidth also fuel growth. However, easy access to the internet in remote areas using wireless devices, and the high initial cost restrain the growth of the market.
The market for fiber optics cable market is divided into cable types, optical fiber types, application, and geography. By cable type, it is bifurcated into single-mode and multi-mode. By optical fiber material, it is further classified into glass and plastic. By application, it is divided into communication, power transmission, sensor, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North-America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players mentioned in the report are AFC Cable Systems, Corning Inc., Fujikura Ltd., Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd., Hitachi Cable Ltd., Optical Cable Corporation, Prysmian Group, Sterlite technologies Ltd., Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd., and Yangtze Optical Fiber & Cable.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global fiber optics cable market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- Exhaustive analysis of the market by cable type, optical fiber type, and application helps understand the products that are currently being used along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future.
- Competitive intelligence helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies.
Fiber Optics Cable Market Key Segments:
By Cable Type
- Power Transmission
- NORTH AMERICA
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East
- AFC Cable Systems
- Corning Inc.
- Fujikura Ltd.
- Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd.
- Hitachi Cable Ltd.
- Optical Cable Corporation
- Prysmian Group
- Sterlite Technologies Ltd.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
- Yangtze Optical Fiber & Cable.