A fiber test equipment is used to test the working and feasibility of fiber-optic cables before their installation in particular applications, which decreases the failure rate of the system by reducing the overall repair cost. This equipment is applicable across various industries, such as telecom, defense & military, oil & gas and others, to provide more accurate measure of the attenuation losses, power losses, and for correct inspection and detection of flaws. Fiber test equipment include testers such as certification testers, advanced optical time domain reflectometers testers, and verification testers.
The global fiber test equipment market is driven by increase in demand in fiber optics devices in the telecommunication industry. Moreover, rise in advancements of existing fiber-optic networks and new communication standards; and growth in application areas such as installation & maintenance, R&D, safety & monitoring solutions, and measurement solutions fuel the market growth. However, high cost and complexity of these equipment impede the growth. Furthermore, continuous growth in demand for measurement solutions and safety & monitoring solutions worldwide is expected to present enormous opportunities for market development.
The global fiber test equipment market is segmented on the basis of construction segment, application, product, and region. The construction segment covered in this study includes portable/handheld and rack mounted/bench top. Based on application, the market is categorized into measurement solutions, safety and monitoring solutions, R&D, and installation & maintenance. On the basis of product, it is divided into optical light source (OLS), optical loss test set (OLTS), optical power meter (OPM), optical spectrum analyzer (OSA), remote fiber test system (RFTS), and optical time domain reflectometer (OTDR). Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The global fiber test equipment market is dominated by key players such as EXFO Inc., JDS Uniphase Corporation, Anritsu Corporation, Keysight Technologies, Tektronix Inc., Fluke Networks, Kingfisher International PTY Ltd, Yokogawa Electric Corporation, OZ Optics Ltd., and Corning Incorporated.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global fiber test equipment market and current & future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Information about the key drivers, restraints, and opportunities and their impact analysis on the market size are provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers operating in the industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the market from 2017 to 2023 is provided to determine the market potential.
Fiber Test Equipment Market Key Segments
- Rack Mounted/Bench Top
- Measurement Solutions
- Safety & Monitoring Solutions
- Installation & Maintenance
- Optical Light Source (OLS)
- Optical Loss Test Set (OLTS)
- Optical Power Meter (OPM)
- Optical Spectrum Analysers (OSA)
- Remote Fiber Test System (RFTS)
- Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players Profiled in the Report
- EXFO Inc.
- JDS Uniphase Corporation
- Anritsu Corporation
- Keysight Technologies
- Tektronix Inc.
- Fluke Networks
- Kingfisher International PTY Ltd.
- Yokogawa Electric Corporation
- OZ Optics Ltd.
- Corning Incorporated