Fibrinogen is a soluble plasma glycoprotein with a molecular weight of about 340 kDa. Fibrinogen concentrate is specified for the treatment of acute bleeding episodes in patients with congenital fibrinogen deficiency, including afibrinogenemia and hypofibrinogenemia. It is a glycoprotein in vertebrates used as a medicine for blood disease, which helps in the formation of blood clots. In severely bleeding patients, fibrinogen concentrate significantly improves whole blood clot firmness and reduces the postoperative transfusion requirements. It is a physiological substrate of three enzymes, thrombin, factor XIIIa, and plasmin. Currently, fibrinogen concentrates are widely used instead of traditional sources of fibrinogen, such as fresh frozen plasma and cryoprecipitate.
The factors such as increase in use of fibrinogen concentrates in bleeding patients and for the treatment of congenital deficiencies drive the growth of the global market. Moreover, rise in awareness and concerns pertaining to the health boots the growth of the market. However, certain adverse reactions such as arterial thrombosis, chills, dyspnea, nausea, vomiting, and pulmonary embolism restrain the growth.
The global fibrinogen concentrates market is segmented based on type, application, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is divided into human fibrinogen concentrates and animal fibrinogen concentrates. By application, it is categorized into congenital fibrinogen deficiency and surgical procedures. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players profiled in the report include CSL Behring, Baxter International Inc., LFB Group, ProFibrix BV, Shanghai RAAS, Jiangxi Boya Bio-Pharmaceutical, Hualan Biological Engineering, Harbin Pacific Biopharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Green Cross International, and Shanghai Xinxing Medicine Co. Ltd.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics of the global fibrinogen concentrates market.
- In-depth analysis of all regions is conducted by constructing the market estimations for key segments from 2017 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The report assists to understand the strategies adopted by the companies for market expansion.
- Evaluation of the competitive landscape is provided to understand the market scenario across various regions.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Fibrinogen Concentrates Market Key Segments:
- Human Fibrinogen Concentrates
- Animal Fibrinogen Concentrates
- Congenital Fibrinogen Deficiency
- Surgical Procedures
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of LAMEA