Field Emission Display Market Outlook – 2027
The global field emission display market size is experiencing a significant growth and is expected to grow considerably in the next few years. A field emission display (FED) is a flat panel display technology using large area field electron emission sources to deliver electrons that strike colored phosphor to produce a colored image. A field-emission display is made up of a matrix of cathode ray tubes and each tube generates a single sub-pixel, which is grouped in threes to form red-green-blue (RGB) pixels.
Field-emission displays combine advantages of CRTs, basically its high contrast levels and very fast response times, with packaging advantages of LCD and other flat-panel technologies. Field-emission display also offers the possibility low power consumption, which is about half that of an LCD system.
The global field emission display market is segmented on the basis of component, display size, application, industry vertical, and region. Based on component, the field emission display market is divided into conductive layer, organic material, backlight panel, and others. In terms of display size, the market is categorized into less than 10 inches, 10–20 inches, 20–30 inches, 30–40 inches, 40–50 inches, 50–60 inches, and above 60 inches.
On the basis of application, the market is divided into smartphones, tablets, laptops, TVs, OLED display, and others. In terms of industry vertical, the market is segregated into chemical & petrochemical, oil & gas, energy & power, automotive, food & beverages, healthcare, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global field emission display industry include LG Display Co. Ltd., SAMSUNG, Sharp Corporation, Japan Display Inc., Sony Electronics Inc., NEC Display Solutions, Ltd., Panasonic Corporation, AU Optronics Corp., E Ink Holdings Inc., Crystal Display Systems Ltd., Emerging Display Technologies, Innolux Corporation, and Universal Display. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global market.
Top Impacting Factors
The market is flourishing rapidly, owing to increase in demand for transport display technology and growing usage of touch-based interface tools in learning area. Lack of commercialization concurrently with huge expenditure of maintenance is estimated to act as a restraint for the market growth during the forecast period. Potential growth opportunities in Asia-Pacific, owing to inexpensive fabrication cost and comprehensive generation plants.
On the other hand, North America is projected to dominate the market, owing to the performance of unconventional technologies with increase in corporate economics division. Expediting automotive industry along with shifting inclinations of organic LED display in cell phones laptops, tablets, and different accessories drive the field emission display market growth.
Opening of the eccentric goods further generate inventive and adequate possibilities, which are estimated to increase new opportunities for the field emission display market share to grow during the forecast period.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
Other key technologies competing for the flat screen display market is the field emission display market. The field emission display works like a cathode-ray tube, except that electrons are emitted from thousands of metals, micro-tips, or even a diamond film when an electric field is applied between tips and a nearby phosphor-coated screen.
For instance, Printable Field Emitters, based at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory near Oxford, unveiled a novel idea employing low-cost composite materials deposited and patterned using screen printing and simple photolithography. This technology is expected to produce affordable large displays in the 20 to a 40-inch diagonal range suitable for TVs.
Surge in Use in Automotive and Industrial Applications
Field emission displays are precieved as ideal image visualization devices. Hence, field emission displays are anticipated to find potential opportunities as display panels, especially in instrument and automotive industries. Moreover, it also finds applications as flat TVs for industrial purposes, thereby bridging the size gap between 30-inch active matrix LCDs and 40-inch commercial plasma display panels.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global field emission display market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed global market analysis.
- The current market trends are quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global field emission display market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global field emission display market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- Global field emission display industry has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. New projects throughout the world have slowed down, which, in turn, have significant demand for the field emission display
- Global factories have struggled to manufacture and assemble new devices as workers have stayed in their homes and even the already available devices in various warehouses cannot be transported due to current rules and regulations which have disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on this market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains and demand for these products are gradually going to increase.
- This will provide opportunities for companies to think about ways of increasing production, research about technologies, and improve current products.
Questions Answered in the Field Emission Display Market Research Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the field emission display market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the field emission display market size?
- How current field emission display market trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the global market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Field Emission Display Market Report Highlights
By Display Size
By End User
Key Market Players
LG Display Co., Ltd., Sony Electronics Inc., Sharp Corporation, SAMSUNG, Crystal Display Systems Ltd, E Ink Holdings Inc, NEC Display Solutions, Ltd., AU Optronics Corp., Panasonic Corporation, Japan Display Inc