Filter integrity test is a test which is used in the bio-pharma industry.These tests are used to verify the sterility and effectiveness of grade filters which are used in the industry. This filter integrity test is performed both before and after the main filtration processto reduce the defects in the process. Some of the examples of filter integrity test are pressure hold testing, diffusive flow testing, and bubble point test.while performing the filter integrity test it is ensured that the filter is completely working and there are no flaws in the process.by which the impurities can pass.
The filter integrity test market is expected to flourish during the upcoming years due increasing R&D Spending, increase in the biopharmaceutical and biotechnology Industries and in the purity demands which are needed in the end-user market. There is an Increase in opportunities in filter integrity test market and with use of advanced filters it has impacted positively on the growth of the market.
.COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicines supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunity for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are short of these drugs. Owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future.Considering these factors, COVID - 19 is expected to have significant impact on Filter Integrity test Market.
Policy / Advisory Statement
- There are strict and firm regulatory guidelines for the authorization of filtration tests in the QA and QC departments of the filter manufacturing product companies,
- In 2017, EMA (European medicine Agency) has included Pre-use -post sterilization integrity test (PUPSIT). It includes the guidelines of manufacturing of sterile medical products foe guarantee of the filter quality.
Top Impacting Factors:
- There are many factors affecting the growth of sterile integrity test market, some of them are:
- These tests gives high level of safety and sensitivity. They have ability to test the complete filter system. So, it has affected the growth of the market.
- Stringent guidelines from the regulatory authorities about drug safety has impacted the growth of the market.
- Increase in R&D investments and advancements which are carried out in biopharmaceutical & biotechnology industries has increased the market growth.
- Also, the developing countries are giving better infrastructure and research facilities provision which has opened new geographical markets for this industry.
New Product Launches:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific obtained the Advanced Bioprocessing business from Becton, Dickinson and Company. With this acquisition, the company expanded its product portfolio of life sciences solutions in Filter integrity tests.
- In 2018, Thermo Fisher Scientific extended the new Bioprocess Design Center in Shanghai, China to connect and collaborate with biologic developers to design bioprocessing solutions.
- Merck opened a new manufacturing and distribution center for its life science business in Mumbai, India to increase its gross domestic product storage and reach future bioproduction demand.
Surge in Usage of Filter integrity test:
- As there is move of pharmaceutical industry towards biopharmaceutical manufacturing and as a result of speedy advancements made, it has surged the growth of the filter integrity test market.
- The Biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical companies are aiming on the testing for sterilized grade filters to avoiddelays and flaws for the launch of various bio therapeutics, which will result in the growth of the filter integrity test market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global filter integrity test industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the investments.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the filter integrity test market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global filter integrity test market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the filter integrity test market.
- The report provides a detailed filter integrity test market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in theFilter integrity testreport:
- What are the leading market players active in filter integrity test market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the filter integrity test market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Filter Integrity Test Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Sartorius (Germany), Donaldson Company, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Merck KGaA (Germany), Danaher Corporation/Pall Corporation (US)