Fitness and recreational sports center consists of facilities, which offer fitness equipment, exercise classes, swimming pools, playgrounds, and fitness instruction services. Marketing campaigns intended to fight obesity as well as increase in consumer trends toward improved health leads to the increase in popularity of fitness and recreational sports center. According to International Health, Racquet, and Sportsclub Association (IHRSA), in 2014, the number of fitness club memberships in the U.S. increased to 54.1 million, from 51.4 million in 2011.
Obese population seeks ways to get back in shape, which leads to the rise in popularities of recreational sports center such as aerobics, swimming, and gym. Thus, rise in awareness regarding health and fitness has led to the growth of fitness and recreational sports center. Improved lifestyle and rise in disposable income of individuals accelerates the market. Growth in popularity of yoga in western world, which includes the U.S. and European countries further supplements the market. Moreover, increase in adoption of professions in sports and entertainment industry, which requires extreme fitness open new opportunities for the market players. However, high cost of memberships of fitness and recreational sports center hamper the market growth.
The report on the global fitness and recreational sports center market exclusively focuses on type and geography. By type, the market is classified into gymnasiums, yoga centers, aerobic dance, handball sports, racquet sports, skating, swimming, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The Major Players Profiled In This Study Include:
- 24 Hour Fitness
- Gold's Gym
- Planet Fitness
- Life Time Fitness
- Town Sports International
- Fitness First and Virgin Active
- Konami Sports Club
- CrossFit Inc.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global fitness and recreational sports center market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends as well as quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the type of fitness and recreational sports center.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies as well as the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Fitness And Recreational Sports Center Market Key Segmentation:
- Aerobic Dance
- Handball Sports
- Racquet Sports
By Age Group
- Aged 35 & Younger
- Aged 35 to 54
- Aged 55 and Older
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA