Fitness trackers are the devices used for tracking and monitoring fitness related metrics including calorie consumption, distance covered, heartbeat rate, sleep time, sweat rate, body temperature, brain activity etc. These devices are usually wirelessly synced with a smartphone or computer to achieve long term data tracking. Fitness trackers are a part of Internet of Things and are embedded with software, sensors, electronics etc. to enable the connected objects to share and exchange data without requiring human intervention. Fitness trackers are widely used in sports and medical sciences to monitor unforeseen situations and physiological symptoms and parameters.
The world fitness tracker market is currently at magnification due to increase in adoption of fitness trackers especially among the youngsters across the globe. Increasing per capita disposable income and spending power are some key factors fueling the growth of the market. Moreover, increase in advancements in technology, rising awareness for health and fitness among consumers and increasing demand for fitness trackers from sports clubs are some major factors driving the overall market. However, high costs and rising competition from local players are some key elements hampering the growth of the market.
The report segments the market on the basis of device type, display type, sales channel, compatibility and geography. On the basis of device type, the market is segmented into wrist bands, sports watch and others. On the basis of display type, the market is segmented into monochrome displays and LEC/LCD displays. Considering sales channel, the market is segmented into online sales and retail sales. On account of compatibility, the market is segmented into windows, IOS, android, web and others. Geographically, the world fitness tracker market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
Major players in the world fitness tracker market are focusing on new product development in terms of design and technology. Key players profiled in the report include Fitbit Inc., Samsung, Xiaomi Inc., Jawbone, Nike, Adidas, Misfit Wearables, Inc., Shenzhen Motto Electronics Co. Ltd. among others.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and opportunities in the world fitness tracker market.
- Geographically, the market is segmented into key regions including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
- The report necessitates the detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of current market estimations for the forecast period, 2014 2022, which assists in evaluating the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the world fitness tracker market is provided such as increasing use of fitness tracker among youngsters and sportsperson.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and suppliers of fitness tracker) helps in understanding the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- The report provides extensive qualitative insights on the potential and niche segments or regions exhibiting favorable growth.
FITNESS TRACKER MARKET SEGMENTS
By Device Type
- Wrist Bands
- Sports Watch
By Display Type
- Monochrome Display
- LED/LCD Display
By Sales Channel
- Online Sales
- Retail Sales
- North America
- Asia Pacific