Flat panel antennas are ultra-thin antennas using holographic approach to electronically acquire, steer, and lock a beam to any satellite. These antennas offer a high gain in a very thin, low profile package, and are very rugged and completely weatherproof for extremely long life in harsh environments. Unmanned systems provide airborne and remote ground surveillance, video transmission, border patrol, tactical support, and uninterrupted communication to the control center. Parabolic antennas are complex to install, configure, and maintain. The advantages of a flat panel antenna include simple plug-and-play configuration and maintenance. Many vehicles and other assets operated by government agencies, energy companies, and non-governmental organizations take advantage of inexpensive flat-panel antennas allowing more bandwidth than L-band. Since the demand for unmanned systems is on the rise, the need for wider ranges of antennas for payloads & C4I2SR missions is also growing.
Flat antennas are extremely valuable for commercial ships and yachts. Land mobility is another market that benefits from inexpensive flat-panel antennas. In addition, the industry is coming up with flat panel antennas based on electromagnetic meta-materials technology with ultra-thin antennas that use a holographic approach to electronically acquire, steer, and lock a beam to any satellite. Such wide-spread usage of new technology in the flat antenna market share is anticipated to undergo exponential growth in the coming years.
COVID-19 scenario Analysis:
- COVID-19 outbreak in Wuhan, China, is certain to create a demand lapse as China is the largest consumer and supplier of electronic components. Prices of communication devices tend to flatten, owing to shortage of products caused by the halt in manufacture during this worldwide lockdown scenario. This disruption in demand-supply chain causes the flat Antenna market shares to undergo moderate temporary shortfall, owing to travel restrictions on a global basis.
- In contrast to the related consumer electronics and semiconductor industry, the communication infrastructure industry is expected to be more buoyant with strategic investments made to support increased data traffic for remote working of organizations amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Demand for communication services has witnessed unprecedented rise during the lockdown, owing to necessity of students to attend virtual classrooms as well as governments to communicate regarding virus updates. Wireless digital services including telemedicine is expected to remain in high demand even after lockdown restrictions are lifted thereby ensuring strong growth in the flat antenna industry.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Driver, and Impact analysis
Rise in adoption of ultra-thin antennas with wider range to electronically acquire, steer, lock a beam to any satellite as well as demand for connectivity in commercial aviation are the major factors that propel the market growth. In addition, these antennas are used in geo-stationery orbit satellite constellations. However, high cost, low radiation efficiency, and low gain of flat antenna resulting in variable performance tend to restrain the flat antenna market growth.
On the contrary, rise in deployment of flat panel directional antennas to provide uninterrupted communication in airborne and remote ground surveillance, border patrol, video transmission, and tactical support further boosts the market revenue. Rapid expansion of 5G technology requiring high-speed data delivery and advancements in satellite connectivity are expected to pave new avenues in the flat antenna industry.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market:
Leading flat antenna market players have taken necessary actions to improve overall in-house design, testing, accuracy, and functionality of flat antennas to enhance performance of wireless networks globally, with focus on LTE, public safety, and emerging 5G technologies.
In September 2019, PCTEL Inc., global supplier of antennas and wireless network testing solutions, introduced Coach II antenna with precision multi-constellation GNSS L1/L2/L5 with high performance LTE, sub-6 GHz 5G, Bluetooth, and Wi-fi connectivity. The antenna features IP67 rated design to provide greater precision and reliability for advanced rail communication systems enabling everything from next-generation Positive Train Control (PTC) to passenger Wi-fi.
Surge in Use in Industrial and Automotive Applications
In March 2020, Comba Telecom Systems Holdings Ltd., a leading solutions provider and service provider of wireless and information communication system, announced Hybrid Beam Antenna. It is one of the key antenna solutions complying with 5G network coverage environment and 4*4 hybrid structure for MIMO 700, 800, 1800, 2100, and 2600MHz. This device can achieve frequency reuse without adding additional spectrum resources. Hybrid Beam Antenna provides high bandwidth, high antenna gains, and split sectors to support increase in demand for network of operators as well as create robust, comprehensive 5G network.
Key benefits of the stakeholders:
- The study gives an analytical overview of flat antenna market forecast with current trends and future estimations to determine imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed overall flat antenna market analysis.
- The current flat antenna market trends are quantitatively analyzed.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
Questions answered in the Flat antenna Market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the flat antenna market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the flat antenna market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Flat Antenna Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
Cobham Antenna Systems, MTI, Kymeta Corporation, Radiowaves, Phasor Inc, Mars Antenna & RF Systems Ltd, PCTEL, General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, Pasternack Enterprises Inc., L-Com Global Connectivity