Flat Glass Market Analysis
Flat glass, also known as plate glass or sheet glass, is produced in the plane form initially. These glasses are used for windows, glass doors, transparent walls, and windscreens. Flat glass has wide usage in making modern architecture. It is made by melting sand into a liquid form. Subsequently, the spreading of liquid glass with a desired thickness and cooling leads to the final product of flat glass. The most common glass used for bottles, cups, jars, and insulation is soda lime glass. Furthermore, the flat glass market is likely to witness significant demand during the forecast period, due to its versatile properties.
COVID-19 impact analysis
- The global market for flat glass is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The suspension of ongoing activities in industries such as automotive, electronics, and constructions is anticipated to limit the demand for flat glass, globally.
- As more than 30% of the factories are on halt in a pandemic situation, the growth of the global market is expected to decline, as construction and infrastructure sectors are the largest consumers of flat glass.
- Owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe, thereby increasing the supply–demand gap.
- Thus, insufficiency in raw material supply is expected to hamper the production rate of flat glass, which negatively impact the growth of the overall market.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Expansion of the solar and construction industries is predicted to drive the growth of the flat glass market. In addition, solar panel flat glass has a relative impact on the yield of solar photovoltaic systems and its properties such as low reflection, high transmissibility, and better functioning. All these properties of flat glass are the major drivers of the market. The future growth of the construction sector such as building, residential, nonresidential areas, and malls is likely to witness strong growth in the future. Furthermore, factors such as the depletion of renewable resources, increase in electricity demand, upsurge in global solar installations contribute toward the growth of the flat glass market. However, the major restraint of the industry will be the slow rate of automotive sector, due to decline in demand for vehicles. Furthermore, owing to the high cost of laminated flat glass, the industry is likely to witness decline in growth rate during the forecast period. On the contrary, insulated flat glass is mostly used for industrial and commercial building constructions, thus augmenting the demand for flat glass.
Key market players
The major players operating in the global flat glass market include Asahi Glass, Saint-Gobain, Nippon Sheet Glass, Guardian Industries, and Twain Glass Ind. Expansions, acquisitions, partnerships, and new product developments are the key developmental strategies adopted by market players to expand their business in the potential markets. In addition, the have been focusing on strategies such as organic and inorganic growth developments, including contracts and investments.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global flat glass market along with the current trends and market estimation to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report represents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global flat glass market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global flat glass market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
- This reports helps users in comprehending the key product segments and their future.
Questions answered in the global flat glass market research report:
- Which are the leading players active in the global flat glass market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What should be the response of the flat glass market players amid the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is the outlook of the industry?
- What are the emerging key segments in the flat glass market?
- What are the major changes and assessments in market dynamics?
Flat Glass Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Nippon Sheet Glass, Twain Glass Ind., Asahi Glass, Vitro, Sisecam Group, Guardian Industries, Euro Glass, Central Glass, Saint-Gobain, AGC Inc.