Flexible battery provides flexibility and portability in electronic devices. The replacement of conventional batteries with flexible batteries increases durability, improves efficiency and reduces weight of product. It is used in smart cards, flexible displays, wearable electronics, and novelty packaging. The eco-friendly nature and ease of applications are major advantages of flexible battery.
Need for thin & flexible batteries in electronic devices and growing miniaturization of electronic products are factors driving the growth of the world flexible battery market. In addition, increasing R&D activities by major companies supplements the growth. However, requirement for high investment and lack of proper standards for development of flexible battery has hindered the growth in the market. On the other hand, wearable electronics equipment and development of thin and flexible battery in Internet of Things are creating huge opportunities in the market.
The world flexible battery market is segmented based on technology, chargeability, application, and geography. The technologies covered in the market are thin-film li-ion, flexible lithium polymer, printed, curved, and paper battery. Rechargeable and non-rechargeable are types of chargeability discussed in the report. The applications covered in the report are packaging, smart card, and wearable electronics. The market is divided geographically into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
The prominent manufacturers operating in the market are Blue Spark Technologies Inc., Fullriver Battery New Technology Co. Ltd., Enfucell Oy Ltd., Paper Battery Co. Inc., LG Chem Ltd., Brightvolt Inc., Stmicroelectronics N.V., Rocket Electric Co. Ltd., and Samsung SDI Co. Ltd. Expansions, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, new product launches, and others are some of the strategies adopted by these companies to gain stronghold in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers a detailed analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the world flexible battery market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- An exhaustive analysis of key strategies adopted by leading manufacturers helps in understanding competitive scenario.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the world flexible battery market.
- Comprehensive analysis has been done in this report by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2015 and 2020.
- An extensive analysis of current research and clinical developments withinthe world flexible battery market is provided with key market dynamic factors that help in understanding the behavior of the market.
- The world flexible battery market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
FLEXIBLE BATTERY MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
The Flexible Battery Market By Technology
- Thin-Film Li-Ion
- Flexible Lithium Polymer
- Printed Battery
- Curved Battery
- Paper Battery
The Flexible Battery Market By Chargeability
The Flexible Battery Market By Application
- Smart Card
- Wearable Electronics
The Flexible Battery Market By Geography
- North America
- Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA)
KEY MARKET PLAYERS:
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Blue Spark Technologies Inc.
- Fullriver Battery New Technology Co. Ltd.
- Enfucell Oy Ltd.
- Paper Battery Co. Inc.
- LG Chem Ltd.
- Brightvolt Inc.
- Stmicroelectronics N.V.
- Rocket Electric Co. Ltd.
- Samsung SDI Co. Ltd.