A flexible heater is a home appliance device that can be integrated to a surface that requires heating, and can be molded to the shape of the heated object. These devices are presented in various types and formations such as silicone rubber-based, polyimide film heaters and others. Among these, the silicone rubber-based flexible heater is the most widely used owing to its roughness, accuracy, and resistance to chemical substances. Silicone rubber's high tolerance to a wide range of temperatures through remaining flexible offers its advantages over other flexible heaters. It helps to fast heat-up and cools down and provides homogeneous heat distribution and high watt densities. The major applications of flexible heaters can be seen in consumer electronics, food processing industry, aerospace & defense sector, and oil & gas industry.
The global flexible heater market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and region. Based on type, the market is divided into Silicon Rubber Based, Polyimide, Polyester, and Mica. In terms of application, the market is categorized into Electronics, Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Medical, Food & Beverage, and Others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had an impact on various industries which has caused decline in revenue and growth of the market.
- Due to COVID 19 pandemic, there is decline in the demand and supply of the flexible heaters.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 led to lockdowns in countries which restricted the import and exports of material and required electrical components.
- COVID-19 has affected the flexible heater market size in terms of production capability, supply chain, and others.
- Due to the safety measures of governments such as lockdowns and social distancing, the demand for flexible heaters in various industries is affecting negatively during this pandemic.
- As government of different provinces have already announced total lockdown and temporarily shutdown of industries, the overall production process being adversely affected; thus, hinder the overall flexible heater market opportunity globally
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Factors such as a wide range of applications and rising demand from a variety of industries, flexible form factor, technological advancement, launch of innovative products, rise in portable electronic battery-operated equipment, and increase in adoption of flexible heaters in healthcare and medical applications are the major factors driving the growth of the flexible heater market. However, higher operational cost of flexible heaters can hinder the market growth. Furthermore, the rising demand from electronics and semiconductor industry is posing as opportunities for the flexible heaters market.
The Global Flexible Heater Market Trends Are as Follows:
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
New products that contain improved capabilities have been launched by leading market players. They have taken necessary steps to improve display of devices and overall functionality as well.
In December 2019 Miyo Technology Co Ltd. launched a new M16878-4 Polymide Film Heater, which is capable of operating at extreme temperatures. It introduced M16878-4 wire design in heating pad in polyimide kapton and
Silicone heating pads.
In July 2018, Watlow launched a new heater product catalog titled, “Heating Solutions Thermal Systems for Every Application.”
In March 2018, Rogers Corporation introduced ARLON rapid polyimide (raPld) substrate, an innovative solution for streamlining the manufacturing process and improving the performance of flexible heater applications. Designed with new construction, raPId substrates combine the benefits of polyimide heater dielectrics with the flexibility and usability of a silicone adhesive system.
Surge in Usage in Electronic Devices and Industrial Applications
Flexible heaters are used in various industrial applications. These heaters are used in semiconductor manufacturing such as in plasma etch systems, probing stations, IC test handling equipment photo-resist track systems, copy machines, LCD screen preheating, ATM machines, semiconductor test modules, handheld scanners, and various other equipment. Flexible heaters are also used in electronic equipment such as coffeemakers, wax melters, and refrigerators, aerospace, and defense industries. In addition, due to the increasing use of these heaters in various medical devices and diagnostic instruments, the medical industry is driving the growth of flexible heaters market.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global flexible heater industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the flexible heater market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the flexible heater market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the flexible heater market.
- The report provides a detailed global flexible heater market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
- The overall flexible heater market analysis is determined to understand the profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold.
- The current flexible heater market forecast is quantitatively analyzed to benchmark the financial competency.
Questions Answered in the Flexible Heater Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in flexible heater market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the flexible heater market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Flexible Heater Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
NIBE Industrier AB, Chromalox, Minco Products, Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Watlow Electric Manufacturing, Omega Engineering, Zoppas Industries S.P.A., Rogers Corporation, All Flex Flexible Circuits., Smiths Group plc