Flexible printing inks are colored liquids and pastes, formulated to transfer and reproduce an image from a printing surface. It is used to print message, enhance the graphic appearance, and prevent the quality of the image on the packaging. It has good adhesion, flexibility, and water and abrasion resistance properties.
Increase in consumer spending for purchase of goods and services leads to higher consumption of flexible inks in packaging and labeling. The rise in disposable income and changes in life style of people in emerging economies has led to increased consumption of packaged food. To track the large amount of packaged food, the need for labeling has increased, which in turn fuels the market growth. Thus, the market gains substantial momentum due to the exponential growth of the packaging industry. However, stringent government regulations on the emission of toxic and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) hamper the market. Volatility in the price of raw material is also a restraint to the market. Solvent-based flexible printing inks contain high VOCs, which are major source of environmental concern. Thus, to reduce the VOC emission, water-based and UV curable technologies are introduced, which may open new opportunities for the flexible printing ink manufacturers.
The report on the global flexible printing ink market exclusively focuses on different resin type, application, technology, and geography. By resin type, the market is divided into polyamides, nitrocellulose, polyurethane, acrylic, and others. By application, it is classified into flexible packaging, corrugated cardboard, folding cartons, tags & labels, metal cans, and others. Based on technology, it is categorized into water based, solvent based, and UV curable. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The Major Players Profiled in this Study Include:
- DIC Corporation
- T&K Toka Co., Ltd.
- Altana AG, Huber Group
- INX International Ink Co.
- Toyo Ink SC Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Siegwerk Druckfarben AG & Co. KgaA,
- Wikoff Color Corp.
- Flint Group
- Sun Chemical Corp.
- Flint Group
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global flexible printing ink market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends as well as quantitative analysis for the period of 20162023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the resin type used to manufacture flexible printing ink, and its application.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies as well as the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Flexible Printing Inks Market Key Segmentation:
By Resin Type
- Flexible Packaging
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Folding Cartons
- Tags & Labels
- Metal Cans
- Others (Newspapers and Catalogues)
- Water Based
- Solvent Based
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA
- Color Resolutions International
- Nazdar Company Inc.
- Alden & Ott Printing Inks Company
- The Braden Sutphin Ink Company
- Sakata Inx Corporation
(The aforementioned companies have not been profiled in the report, but can be include on request.)