Flocculants Market Analysis
Flocculants or flocculating operators (also known as flocking agents) are synthetic compounds that promote flocculation by making colloids and other suspended particles in fluids aggregate, shaping a floc. Flocculants are utilized in water treatment procedures to improve the sedimentation or filterability of little particles. For instance, a flocculant might be utilized in pool or drinking water filtration to help removal of microscopic particles which would somehow or another reason the water to be turbid (shady) and which would be difficult to remove by filtration alone. Flocculants work by assembling the destabilized particles together and causing them to agglomerate and drop out of the solution. Some of the commonly used Flocculants for treating water are activated silica, colloidal clays (such as bentonite), and a few metallic hydroxides with a complex structure (alum, ferric hydroxide, etc.). Flocculants offer various points of advantages in industrial and water treatment applications, for example, costs reserve funds, upgraded molecule suspension rates, improved clarity of aqueous phase, more filtration on channels and dryings beds, higher through-put rates on creation hardware, littler size of tanks, thickeners and centrifuges required and less complex tasks.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The global market for flocculants is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The COVID-19 pandemic saw a decline in the economic growth in almost all the major countries, thus affecting consumer spending patterns.
- Owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe, thereby increasing the supply–demand gap.
- Thus, insufficiency in raw material supply is expected to hamper the production rate of Flocculants, which negatively impact the market growth.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The process of flocculation is simple and cost effective. It efficiently splits many kinds of particles from water. Rise in demand from end-use applications such as municipal water treatment, power generation, mine water treatment, and chemical processing is expected to drive the Flocculants market. Expanding oilfield explorations and developments in the oil and gas industry will lead to growing applications of Flocculants for partition of fluids and strong particles. Chemical enterprises are carefully directed to dispose waste water suitably by meeting certain parameters, which is prompting rising demand in this part. There are some restrain for this market such as it is a time-consuming process and required trained personnel for operating and maintaining. There are also chances of transfer of toxic compounds to solid state, which can lead to formation of mud or sludge and cease the process of water treatment. This hinders the flocculants market growth.
New product launches to flourish the market
Kemira, a global chemicals company serving customers in water intensive industries, launched new high-performance cationic flocculants, precisely engineered for sludge dewatering applications. The Kemira Superfloc XD-7600 polymer is intended to assist clients with reducing their total Cost of Ownership through increasingly proficient sludge handling of, including cargo and disposal costs. This is the first in a range of inventive premium polymers. The dry item additionally limits stockpiling and transport costs. XD-7600 altogether improves cake solids and filtrate quality in comparison to conventional cationic polymers and is effective at low dosage levels.
Surge in usage in Flocculants and water treatment plants applications
The flocculant market has seen critical development in recent years, owing from severe guideline related to environment and water treatment. Expanding population and industrialization, combined with declining freshwater assets has constrained government and authorities of a few nations to actualize stricter water treatment guidelines, which, thus, are driving the utilization of flocculant around the globe. The essential municipal water treatment forms are desalination, sewage treatment, and water processing. Flocculants are widely usedin different industries such as paper & pulp, and oil & gas, for treatment and recycling of wastewater which expects to boost the demand of these chemicals.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global Flocculants market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global Flocculants market.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed to highlight the global Flocculants market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global Flocculants market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Flocculants market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the flocculants market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the flocculants market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Flocculants Market Report Highlights
By End-use Industry
Key Market Players
Kurita Water Industries Ltd. (Japan)., Solenis LLC (U.S.), Ixom Operations Pty Ltd. (Australia), Ecolab Inc. (U.S.), Buckman Laboratories, Inc. (U.S.), BASF SE (Germany), Suez S.A. (France), Kemira OYJ (Finland), SNF Floerger (France), Feralco AB (Sweden)