Flock Adhesives Market Outlook - 2020–2027
The global flock adhesives market was valued at $1.9 billion in 2019, and is projected to reach $2.9 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 5.70% from 2020 to 2027. Flock adhesives are binding materials that are used to bind different substrates such as rubber, plastic, and metals. Adhesive flocking is carried out by incorporating fiber particles electro-statically into adhesive layers. This layer is further applied on surface that has dense textile, which forms millions of flock fibers. Flock adhesives are used in the textile sector through various processes such as spraying, brushing, or can be applied in shape of motif by screen or rotary printing. In addition, functional flock adhesives are used in different applications such as glove boxes, coiled cables, furnishing articles, cases for glass, and carpets or mats.
Addition of flock adhesives in systems offer several advantages such as slip free force transmission, prevention of mechanical noise, reduced ambience sound, and enhanced heat insulation. Moreover, its characteristics such as environment friendly nature, elasticity, softness, resistance to scratches, and stability propel growth of the global market. Application of flock adhesives in sectors such as automotive, cosmetic, industrial, household, packaging, and textile is another growth factor in the global flock adhesives market. Rise in consumer preference for vehicle comfort, coupled with rise in quality level of automotive interior is another factor that is anticipated to augment demand for flock adhesives. Flocking helps to meet expectations such as quality, emission norms, and odor standards that are followed during manufacturing of plastic products used in the automotive industry. Thus, flock adhesives are choice of materials that are used during manufacturing of glove boxes, consoles, and sliding elements in the automotive sector. Flocking adhesives in the textile industry can expose works to small particles of nylon and inhalation of these particulates may lead to interstitial lung disease. In addition, inhalation of other flocking particulates such as acrylic adhesives, ammonium ether of potato starch, heat transfer oil, tannic acid, and zeolite may lead to health-related issue. These factors are considerable to hamper the flock adhesives market growth in the forecast period. Packaging sector is predicted to offer new opportunity in the global market. This is attributed to use of flock adhesives for sealing of wooden composite board edges along with use of water-based coatings.
The global flock adhesives market is segmented on the basis of resin type, application, and region. By resin type, the market is segmented into acrylic, polyurethane, epoxy resin, and others. By application, the global flock adhesives market is categorized into automotive, textiles, paper & packaging, and others. On the basis of region, the market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. Presently, North America accounts for the largest share in the global market, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. The major companies profiled in this report include CHT Germany GmbH, Kissel + Wolf, Lord Corporation, Sika Automotive, Swiss Flock, Stahl, Avient, Nyatex, Dow Chemical, and H.B. Fuller Company.
Flock adhesives market, by region
The Asia-Pacific flock adhesives market size is projected to grow at the highest CAGR of 6.40% during the forecast period. Rise in number of automotive manufacturers and textiles in China and India is the major factor that dominates the flock adhesives market in this region. In addition, steady demand for flock adhesives in the packaging sector also contributes toward growth of market in Asia-Pacific.
Asia-Pacific holds a dominant position in 2019 and would continue to maintain the lead over the forecast period.
Flock adhesives market, by resin type
In 2019, the epoxy resin flock adhesive segment was the largest revenue-generating segment, and is anticipated to grow at CAGR 5.30% during the forecast period. However, the polyurethane flock adhesive segment is predicted to rise with the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
By Resin Type
Polyurethane flock adhesives is projected as the most lucrative segment.
Flock adhesives market, by application
In 2019, the textile segment was the largest revenue-generating segment, and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.40% during the forecast period.
Automotive application is projected as the most lucrative segment.
Impact Of Covid-19 On The Flock Adhesives Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected the global economy and led to subsequent shrinking of GDP in global economies, thereby changing consumer spending patterns.
- The global flock adhesives market witnessed a positive effect in the COVID-19 pandemic. This was attributed to the rise in use of flock adhesives in corona test kits and test swabs. For instance, CHT Germany GmbH offers flock adhesives such as TUBVINYL 471-3 LE, TUBVINYL 472 M, and TUBICOLL 1410 M that are used in corona diagnostics.
- Swab collection kits that are flocked with adhesives offer superior specimen collection rate and reduces risk of false negative diagnosis result. Flocking adhesives that are used for manufacturing of swab kits enhances ability to collect cells at respected sites and then rapidly releases collected cells.
- Flock adhesives are gaining importance in corona testing kits, owing to their enhanced diagnosis sensitivity. These kits usually contain thousands of contact points that help to collect and release samples efficiently. In addition, increase in number of target cells enhances sensitivity of diagnosis kits.
- Other advantages of adhesive flocked diagnosis kits such as rapid elution, convenient handling & transport, and proprietary multi-length flock fibers added to growth of the global flock adhesive market despite the COVID-19 outbreak.
Key benefits for stakeholders
- Porter’s five forces analysis helps analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of the industry for strategy building.
- It outlines the current market trends and future estimations from 2019 to 2027 to understand the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- The major countries in the region have been mapped according to their individual revenue contribution to the regional market.
- The key drivers, restraints, and opportunities and their detailed impact analysis are explained in the study.
- The profiles of key players and their key strategic developments are enlisted in the report.
Flock Adhesives Market Report Highlights
By Resin Type
Key Market Players
Nyatex Adhesive and Chemical Company, H.B. Fuller Company, Sika Automotive, Swiss Flock, Avient, Dow Chemical, Kissel + Wolf, CHT Germany GmbH, Stahl, Lord Corporation
The global flock adhesives market witnessed a significant growth in recent years. This is attributed to rise in use of flock adhesives in main stream applications such as in automotive, textile, paper, and construction industries. In addition, apart from these, there are several other sectors that use flock adhesives such as packaging, cosmetics, industrial technology, home & household, and furniture that propel growth of the market. Key players opt for mergers and acquisitions as their key developmental strategy to strengthen their foothold in the competitive market and build sector expertise.
Construction sector is predicted to dominate the global flock adhesive market during the forecast period, owing to surge in use of flock adhesives for construction of various insulating and barrier layers. In addition, it can also be used as an anti-drop coating to prevent condensation of water droplets. The fashion fabric industry is adopting flock adhesives for advertising their brand names on sports clothing and to provide functional brush effects on carpet mats, which is further expected to boost growth of the global market.