Flotation reagents are chemical substances that govern and regulate most flotation processes. Flotation is a process of separation and concentration based on differences in the physic-chemical properties of interfaces. Froth flotation is a technique that has significant industrial application. Froth flotation has been used by mineral and chemical engineers for the separation and concentration of aqueous suspensions or solutions of a variety of minerals, precipitates, inorganic waste constituents, and even microorganisms and proteins. Several industrial procedures are carried out with the help of flotation chemicals, and the effectiveness of these reagents in undertaking the industrial processes is a key reason behind their popularity. A number of flotation methods exist in the chemical industry, and every other chemical reaction or industrial process can be carried by choosing a specified application for flotation. Flotation reagents impart hydrophobia to minerals, which results in the separation of these mineral particles from the solution in which they are suspended. Hence, this way of separation has emerged as the key reason behind the growth of the global market for flotation reagents, and new industries have employed the use of flotation techniques to carry out the industrial separation. The separation of fine minerals is a complex task that needs a high meticulousness and precision, and flotation offers this at the most macro-levels.
Covid-19 Impact Analysis
- The coronavirus's unfavorable global effects are already evident, and they will have a big impact on the flotation reagents market in 2020.
- The World Health Organization has declared a public health emergency after the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019. The disease has spread to over 100 nations and resulted in massive deaths all across the world. Exports & Imports, global manufacturing, tourism, and financial sectors have all been heavily damaged.
- The downward pressure on the global economy, which had previously shown signs of improvement, has escalated once more. The outbreak of the virus has added danger factors to the international economy's already sluggish development. Many international groups have stated that the global economy is experiencing its most difficult moment since the financial crisis.
- The lockdown has resulted in hampering the imports and exports of various goods. Also, the uncertainty created in the market in the consumers’ buying pattern has resulted in hampering of the flotation reagents market.
Top Impacting Factors
Demand for flotation reagents depends on the adoption of mining activities and overall growth of the mining sector. Retrieval of geopolitical conditions, balanced economic growth, increase in the affluent population, increased infrastructure expenditure, especially in developing economies, are likely to drive the mining industry in emerging regions, in turn, augmenting the flotation reagents market. Another key driver of the global flotation reagents market is increased demand for metals in industries such as construction and transportation. Rapid urbanization, rise in disposable income, and industrialization across the globe are boosting demand for flotation reagents from these end-use industries. However, stringent government regulations regarding reagent usage during mining is expected to hamper the flotation reagents market during the forecast period.
- Rising demand from the mining industry is a key driver for the market.
- Mining industry is the largest end user for froth flotation chemicals. The chemicals are used in mining activities, according to the nature of the mine explored in the area. Froth flotation chemicals are primarily employed in the extraction of minerals, by allowing them to attach to air bubbles. The specific separation of minerals from the slurry is done using the difference in hydrophobic properties of the components. Froth flotation chemicals play a major role in the mining and processing of mineral ores. With the increase in consumption of base metals (such as iron, steel, aluminum, etc.) and precious metals (such as silver, gold, and platinum), mining activities for the aforementioned metals have surged globally. All the aforementioned reasons are expected to boost the demand for the market studied, in the mining industry, over the forecast period.
- Rise in infrastructure development, automotive development, and power and cement industries in Asia-Pacific region boost the demand for the market.
- China is the largest consumer of froth flotation chemicals, owing to the country’s large mining operations. The country is one of the largest producers and consumers of mining products. The froth floatation chemicals market in India is driven by the mining industry. Mining is a major economic activity in the country, owing to the presence of large metal and mineral reserves. The distribution of minerals varies from region to region, but the country roughly contains coal, iron ore, manganese, bauxite, and various other ferrous and non-ferrous minerals. The mentioned factors, coupled with huge government support, have been contributing to the increasing demand for froth flotation chemicals in the Asia-Pacific region, in the recent times.
- Recovering economic conditions and latent opportunity from emerging economies to present lucrative growth opportunities in the global market.
- Prices of various commodities moved towards stability, thus creating sustainable market opportunities across regions in the globe, consequently translating these positive effects on the global mining industry. As mining flotation chemicals are not standalone products, their demand and adoption depend on mining activities and overall growth of mining sector. Higher infrastructure spending, recovery of geopolitical conditions, stabilization of economic growth, increasing affluent population typically in emerging economies and rising urbanization are few key aspects that contribute to the growth of the global market in developing regions. In addition, growing demand from countries such as Chile, South Africa, Peru, Brazil, China and Australia has attracted several manufacturers. These regions are expected to create lucrative growth opportunities in the years to follow.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the flotation reagents market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the flotation reagents market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed to highlight flotation reagents market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed flotation reagents market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Flotation Reagents Market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Flotation Reagents Market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is “Flotation Reagents Market “?
- What does “Flotation Reagents Market " allow organizations to achieve?
- Which technologies combine to make “Flotation Reagents Market “a critical organizational asset?
- What is " Flotation Reagents Market” Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the “Flotation Reagents Market” market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the “Flotation Reagents Market” Market?
- What are the key benefits of the “Flotation Reagents Market “Market report?
- What will be the anticipated growth rates for your own Flotation Reagents Market economy altogether and for every segment inside?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
Flotation Reagents Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
The Dow Chemical Company, BASF, Clariant, SNF FloMin, Cytec Industries Inc., Solvay, AkzoNobel, Kemira, Chevron Philips Chemical Company LLC, Huntsman Corporation