Rise in the prevalence of bleeding disorders has paved the way for design, development, and piloting of flowable hemostats. Operative bleeding in the hospitals can lead to prolonged bleeding complications. To counter this, various kinds of hemostat products such as gelatin-based, collagens, fibrin sealants, active thrombin preparations are applied to reduce the amount of prolonged blood flow from the body. If not countered, prolonged bleeding can lead to increased risk of infections, increased mortality, and unstable hemodynamics. Among different kinds of hemostat products, flowable hemostat are most commonly used, which consist of a thick consistency and contain bovine matrix. More importantly, flowable hemostats can be used for all kinds of surgeries such as cardio and vascular, except ophthalmic surgeries.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the flowable hemostats market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Pre-hospital hemorrhage cases are rising around the globe, which have fueled the demand for thrombin-gelatin based hemostatic matrix in devices.
- There is a huge demand for hemostats that have capabilities to deploy effective hemostasis in cases of surgical removal of splenic mass to reduce post-operative conditions associated.
- Rising global trauma incidents and frequent fatal accidents are driving the demand for development of alternative techniques to manage pre and post-operative bleeding. This, in turn, is driving growth of flowable hemostat market.
- Underlying need for design and development of alternative mechanisms against use of surgical needles is driving the demand for flowable hemostats as an effective blood controlling agent in vascular sites.
- In the countries with large defense spending and intense battlefields such as India, China, and the U.S., there is a growing need and support from the central government to design ways to help soldiers in cases of battle emergencies such as blood control, post battle trauma, and cardiovascular impacts. This, in turn, is driving growth of flowable hemostats market.
- Additionally, lack of awareness regarding bleeding and related in low- & middle-income economies hampers the market growth.
Key Market Trends
- North America is anticipated to gain significant gains, owing to rise of bleeding disorders and increase in accidents and post traumas across the region coupled with need for advanced mechanisms to replace traditional surgical needles and related devices.
- Baxter International, a leading player in healthcare manufacturing industry, launched FLOSEAL Hemostatic Matrix in contrast to traditional micro porous polysaccharide powder materials as an effective flowable hemostatic alternative in the market.
- Teleflex Ltd. launched its own made clinically backed D-Stat flowable hemostat to reduce incidents of hemotoma formation in pulse generating implants.
- Mergers and Acquisitions are part of the growing industry, and in one such instance in 2019, Baxtor International acquired two flowable hemostat products from Mallinckrodt, RECOTHROM and PREVELEAK, both of which are used for cardiovascular reformations/reconstructions.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the flowable hemostats industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Flowable Hemostats Report
- Which are the leading players active in the flowable hemostats market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period?
- What are the adoption trends for the flowable hemostats market in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What are the impacts of COVID-19 in the industry?
- What is flowable hemostats?
- What is the flowable hemostats market prediction in the future?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
Flowable Hemostats Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Teleflex Incorporated, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Medtronic Ltd., Stryker Corporation, Johnson and Johnson Services, Arch Therapeutics Ltd., Cryolife, Inc., Baxter International, Becton, Dickson and Company, Pfizer Inc.