Generation of energy in any industry requires burning of fuels, of which coal and oil are a crucial part. Flue gas consists of oxides of nitrogen & sulfur and particulate matter which causes air pollution and environmental degradation in the form of acid rain. According to an estimate, around 95% of sulfur is converted into sulfur dioxide under standard temperature conditions. Hence, there is a constant need for reducing sulfur emissions by regulating industrial emissions, which calls for different technologies for flue gas desulphurization.
Flue gas desulfurization (FGD) consists of removing sulfur dioxide from flue gas before it is emitted. This is done during combustion in fossil fuel power plants such as coal and oil fired combustion units.
Flue gas desulfurization market is driven by stringent government regulations related with emissions of harmful gases emitted by various industrial processes in the environment. Developed nations in Europe already have stringent regulations related to emission of sulfur oxides. Furthermore, increasing demand for power coupled with dependence on coal for energy generation will provide momentum to the growth of market in the coming years. In addition, rapid industrialization taking place in emerging countries would further drive the demand for flue gas desulfurization systems. Technological enhancements in design of high performing FGD systems would provide market players with new opportunities to explore. In addition, diminishing cost of FGD systems is expected to provide opportunities for new market entrants. However, high maintenance costs due to the presence of different reagents to treat emission of sulfur content is a key market challenge. The market is also constrained by the availability of alternative methods of flue gas treatment methods such as fluidized bed combustion and THIOPAQ.
The report segments the Europe FGD market on the basis of end-users, types and country. On the basis of end-users, the market is segmented into iron and steel, cement manufacturing, power generation, chemical and other industries. The demand for FGD systems in power generation industry and cement manufacturing units is due to high-grade by-products generated as a result of flue gas treatment process. On the basis of types, the market is segmented into wet FGD and dry FGD. On the basis of country, the report segments the market into UK, Germany, France, Italy, Russia, and Rest of Europe.
New product launches, entering into contracts and agreements, and mergers & acquisitions are the major strategies adopted by market players to consolidate their market presence. Key market players profiled in the report include Alstom SA, Babcock & Wilcox Company, Hamon Corporation, Clyde Bergemann Power Group International Ltd., FLSmidth & Co. A/S, and Siemens AG and others.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides an in-depth insight into the current market trends and changing dynamics in terms of growth opportunities & development aspects in the Europe FGD market
- The report offers quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020 and helps in identifying the current market opportunities that the market participants & interested stakeholders can capitalize on
- The report assesses the changing dynamics of competitive landscape scenario in terms of upcoming technologies, R&D activities along with offering information on emerging & high growth regions
- An exhaustive analysis on the market penetration and market diversification is provided in the report which will help to gauge the pulse of the market
- SWOT analysis & investment feasibility analysis of new projects help in understanding the potentiality of key buyers & suppliers
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key market players, and highlights market share of key vendors
- This study evaluates changing competitive landscape scenario in terms of value chain analysis and the dominant strategies adopted by key market players to strengthen their positions in the market
Flue Gas Desulfurization Market Segments:
- Dry FGD
- Wet FGD
- Iron & Steel Industry
- Cement Manufacturing Industry
- Power Generation
- Chemical Industry
- Rest of Europe