Fluorometer is a device that is used to measure fluorescence or light emitted by different objects. Fluorescence occurs when a sample exited with one particular wavelength emits light of a longer wavelength. Every fluorescent object has its own particular way of absorbing a particular wavelength and emitting a different one. Fluorometer finds its applications in fields such as ligand binding and cell calcium. It measures fluorescent radiation that is emitted by an object, which is exposed to an acute monochromatic radiation. Common sources of this radiation include tungsten or molybdenum X-ray. In medical field, they are used to detect low concentrations of biologically active compounds such as proteins, drugs, and microorganisms. They further find application in detection of chlorophyll by emitting light in the blue range and subsequently detecting light fluoresced by cells in a sample.
In biotechnology, fluorometer is used in research purposes under genomics, microbiology, and bioengineering. Some examples of these applications include assays for DNA sequencing and biomolecules as well as in situ hybridization to identify specific DNA sequences in the tissues.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Increase has been witnessed in the demand for medical supplies to take care of infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. The need for medical supplies has increased significantly among both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the global fluorometer market.
Top Impacting Factors
Increase in number of cancer incidents coupled with higher investments in cancer diagnostics and technological advancements is a major growth factor of the fluorometer market.
Higher acceptance rate of using these devices aided by enhanced need of for ultra-sensitive instruments is another major growth factor for the fluorometer market.
A major restraint impacting the growth of fluorometers is its inability to spot non-fluorescent compounds.
Need of utilizing better economic resources aided by investment-friendly government policies in highly industrialized markets is driving the growth of fluorometers.
New techniques arriving at the cusp of fluorescent market, which include purpose engineered instrument are likely to create lucrative opportunities for research and development of internationally competitive technology, thereby propelling the growth of fluorometer market.
Another growth hampering factor is the high cost of manufacturing fluorometers.
Key Market Trends
An emerging trend in the fluorescent market is the advanced laser fluorometry. The technique is used in research labs for proliferation of aqua culture. The technique thus helps in detecting selective species and in-flow virtualization.
Another major trend at the fulcrum of fluorescent market is the in-situ monitoring of oceanography samples. The trend emerges from the underlying need of identifying phytoplankton biomass in the oceans using aerial techniques.
Another recent emerging trend is the mergers and collaborations such as the recent joint venture announcement between Turner Designs and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Many global players such as Horiba Technologies and Bio-Rad Technologies are adopting organic strategies, which include new product launches, patents, and approvals to penetrate in tier-2 and tier-3 end user segments.
Asia-Pacific is poised to contribute a higher number of sales to the fluorometer market, owing to presence of high populace countries such as China and India.
Emergence of internationally competitive networks with the aim of bringing together highly innovative minds with the sole purpose of high level research expertise and subsequent employment.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the fluorometer industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Fluorometer Report
- Which are the leading players active in the fluorometer market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period?
- What are the adoption trends for the fluorometer market in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What are the impacts of COVID-19 in the industry?
- What is fluorometer?
- What is the fluorometer market prediction in the future?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
Fluorometers Market Report Highlights
By Light Source
By End User
Key Market Players
Berthold Technologies, Horiba Technologies, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Tuner Designs. Inc., Agilent Technologies, Hitachi Instruments, Denovix Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Promega Corporation, Shimadzu