Foam dressings are semipermeable polyurethane material used in wound care. They are non-adherent and non-linting dressings, which only allow water vapor to enter and avoid the entry of bacteria and other contaminants.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the foam dressings market include increasing geriatric population who are more prone to surgeries, growth in awareness about advanced wound care dressings, rising number of road accidents & burns cases, and high prevalence of diabetic wounds & chronic infections. However, factors such as limited reimbursement policies in emerging countries and high costs of dressings restrain the market growth.
Additional upcoming surgeries, development of advanced products such as use of sterile, polyvinyl alcohol foam with smaller pore size, and growth in awareness in untapped markets present lucrative growth opportunities for the market.
The global foam dressings market is segmented on the basis of type, pore size, end user, and region. Based on type the foam dressing is divided into foam dressings with adhesive border and foam dressings with silicone border. By pore size, it is classified into small, medium, and large pore size foam dressings. On the basis of end user, the market is classified into hospitals, clinics, homecare, and others, which include ambulatory surgical centers and medical centers. By geography, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in this market include 3M Company, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic Plc., Mlnlycke Health Care AB, Cardinal Health, Medline Industries, Inc., Smith & Nephew Plc., Winner Medical Group Inc., Smith & Nephew plc, and BSN Medical.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale has been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Foam Dressings Market key Segments:
- Foam Dressings With Adhesive Border
- Foam Dressings With Silicone Border
By Pore Size
- Small Pore Size Foam Dressings
- Medium Pore Size Foam Dressings
- Large Pore Size Foam Dressings
By End User
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA