The global focused ion beam (FIB) market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 7.4% from 2016 to 2022 to attain a market size of around $125 billion by 2022. FIB is the high-energy ion beam produced by FIB-enabled equipment. This equipment is majorly used in semiconductor industry and in 3D imaging techniques. Increased R&D investment for materials science and bio materials is a major factor that boosts the growth of the market. Increase in demand for FIB-based failure analysis equipment in electronics industry and circuit editing application using FIB are other major factors that propel the market growth. Key players have introduced technologically upgraded FIB equipment such as multibeam FIB system. However, high cost of these equipment is the major restrain of the market. Development of new ion sources such as helium, lithium, and others provides growth opportunities for the market. Despite high success of FIB microequipment, development of nano-FIB equipment is anticipated to be the major attraction in the year to come.
The global FIB market is segmented on the basis of ion source type, application, and geography. Based on ion source, the market is segmented into iridium, gold, gallium, and others. By application, the market is categorized into failure analysis, material science, nanofabrication, device modification, circuit edit, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (UK, France, Germany, Russia, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (India, China, Japan, Australia, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
Key players of this market are Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation, Evans Analytical Group, Fibics Incorporated, FEI, Carl Zeiss AG, ZEROK Nanotech, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., NanoLab, Tescan, and Waters.
POTENTIAL BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- Comprehensive analysis of the current trends and future estimations in the global FIB market is provided.
- The report offers a competitive scenario of the market with growth trends, structure, drivers, scope, opportunities, and challenges.
- It includes a detailed analysis of the key segments to provide insights on market dynamics.
- Porters Five Forces analysis highlights the potential of buyers and suppliers as well as the competitive structure of the market to devise effective growth strategies and facilitate better decision-making.
By Ion Source
- Failure Analysis
- Material Science
- Device Modification
- Circuit Edit
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation
- Evans Analytical Group
- Fibics Incorporated
- Carl Zeiss AG
- ZEROK Nanotech
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.