Folding boxboard packaging is a distinctive type of packaging prepared from layers of bleached mechanical and chemical pulp. These boxboard are the carton boxes fairly similar to retail boxes, which are made up of paperboard and allow for minimal storage space. It is a solid, lightweight, cheap, reliable, and effective packaging solution for any product. European standards permit the use of optical brightening agent such as florescent dyes in paperboard coatings for food grade paperboard packaging. These are widely used in many retail shelf products and come in different thickness depending on the weight of the product. It is a base for many packaging solutions and is used in food & beverages, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, medical, photographic, and frozen food industries.
Further, the print quality of folding boxboards is much better than corrugate printed boxes and lightweight of these boxes make them suitable for lighter products. Folding boxboards can treated as per requirement such as laminating, foiling, and polishing to matt or gloss. Increase in demand from different industries such as pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and food & beverages drives the global folding boxboards market. Further, steady consumption of liquid packaging and food service board boosts the growth of the global market. However, brittleness, less elasticity, and loss of tear strength hamper the growth of the global market.
The global folding boxboards market is segmented based on type, application, and geography. On the basis of type, it is categorized as coating, bleached chemical pulp, mechanical pulp, and unbleached chemical Pulp. On the basis of application, it is divided into packaging and transportation. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Recently, in 2016, Finland-based paper company Metsa Board expanded its Husum board and pulp mill in Sweden with the addition of new folding boxboard production line. This line was inaugurated in April 2016 and the completion of the production & operation is expected by the end of 2017.
The Major Market Players are as follows
- Hangzhou Gerson Paper
- International Paper
- Antalis International
- Iggesund Paperboard
- Beloit Box Board
- Box-Board Products
- Alton Box Board Co.
- JK Paper Ltd.
- Metsa Board
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics of the global folding boxboards market.
- In-depth analysis of all regions is conducted by constructing the market estimations for key segments from 2017 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The report assists to understand the strategies adopted by the companies for market expansion.
- Evaluation of the competitive landscape is provided to understand the market scenario across various regions.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Folding Boxboards Market Key Segments :
- Bleached Chemical Pulp
- Mechanical Pulp
- Unbleached Chemical Pulp
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
The Other Major Players in the Industry include The Following:
- Hongkong Eastern Dragon Group Co. Ltd.
- Leanpack Inc.
*The above list of companies is not profiled in the report, but can be added based on interest.