Fondaparinux (Arixtra) is a synthetic anticoagulant based on the pentasaccharide sequence that makes up minimal antithrombin (AT) binding region of heparin. Similar to low molecular weight heparins, it is an indirect inhibitor of factor Xa, but it does not inhibit thrombin at all. Fondaparinux has a longer half-life than heparin and does not interact with platelets, both of which may be advantageous in certain settings. Indications for fondaparinux includedeep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism and superficial vein thrombosis.It is the same sequence as UFH and LMWH for the binding to antithrombin, however it has no extra chain and thus, is not considered a heparin product. It is also known to not cause HIT, as seen with UFH and LMWH.
Pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies together with governments around the globe are working to combat the COVID-19 outbreak. This is carried out by supporting development of vaccines to schedule for medicines supply chain challenges. Furthermore, there are around 115 vaccine candidates and other 155 molecules that are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have seen huge boost in demand for management of COVID-19. There is an increase in demand for the drug, which has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are short of the drug. Hence, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is anticipated to witness a substantial growth in the next few years.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The major factor affecting the industry includes surge in product developments such that it meets the requirement posed by the market, which would help the industry in the coming years.Majority of key players are investing in product innovations and launching newer products that are cost efficient and hence are expected to help the industry gain traction during the forecast period. Furthermore, companies are focusing in mergers and acquisitions so that they are able to increase distribution channels across various regions, which is anticipated to boost the market growth.
Growth in number of product launches to boost the market
Growth in number of product launches would help the industry flourish during the forecast period. For instance, in December 2017, Aurobindo Pharma received final approval from US health regulators to manufacture and market its generic version of Fondaparinux Sodium injection used to prevent deep vein thrombosis. The approval by US Food & Drug Administration (USFDA) is for multiple strengths of Fondaparinux Sodium injection of 2.5 mg/0.5 mL, 5 mg/0.4 mL, 7.5 mg/0.6 mL, and 10 mg/0.8 mL single-dose prefilled syringes. This is the 52nd ANDA (including 2 tentative approvals) to be approved out of Unit IV formulation facility in Hyderabad, India used for manufacturing general injectable and ophthalmic products
Surge in number of mergers and acquisitions to propel the market
Increase in number of mergers and acquisitions is anticipated to help the industrygrow in the coming years. For instance, in September 2020, Mylan's planned a megamerger with Pfizer's Upjohn generics unit. Mylan will shell out $756 million for European rights to a suite of Aspen Pharmacare's sterile injectable anticoagulants that ranked in nearly a quarter-billion dollars.The Aspen acquisition will position Mylan as one of the largest producers of thrombosis products in Europe. This would help the market to gain traction during the forecast period.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global Fondaparinuxindustry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global Fondaparinuxmarket share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global Fondaparinuxmarket growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global Fondaparinuxmarket analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Fondaparinuxmarket research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the Fondaparinux market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the Fondaparinux market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Fondaparinux Market Report Highlights
By Route of Administration
By End User
Key Market Players
Sanofi S.A.,, GlaxoSmithKline plc.,, Abbott India Limited,, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company,, Kaifeng Pharmaceutical., Boehringer Ingelheim,, Eisai Inc.,, WisMed Pharmaceuticals, Bayer Healthcare AG,, Pfizer Inc.,, Aspen Holdings,, Apotex,