Food metal detector is an important device used in the food & beverage industry to check whether the food item contain any metal particles or not. It is used for different types of food products such as bakery products, meat, dairy products, fruits, vegetables, and spices. It isused in almost every step through which the food product must pass. It is very important for the companies from the food industry to make sure that the food products must be free from any contamination or metal particles keeping in mind the safety of the consumers. Balanced coil system is used in the food metal detector.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for food metal detector is expected to decrease in 2020 due to low demand from different industries such as manufacturing and food industry due to the lockdown imposed by government of many countries.
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the food metal detector industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of corona virus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors
There is an increase in the demand for food metal detector in the market owing to increase in demand for safety of consumers and food. Metal detectors in the food industry are majorly used for protection of consumers. Despite of utmost most care, it is not feasible to detect metallic contamination in the food. It has become mandatory to detect the manufactured food products with metallic contamination as the metal part if present in the food can harm the consumer. This might lead to serious consequences.
Therefore, food manufacturers in the industries focus toward maintaining the quality of the food products. If any contamination is present in the food product, it is harmful for the status and brand image of the company.Technological advancement in the metal detection machines for the food industry are offering qualitative as well as quantitative analysis of the manufactured food item. This helps analyze working of the machines used to manufacture food products.
Use of New technology:
Many companies in the food metal detector market are using different technologies in their product to develop advanced product.
Sesotec GmbH is using X-ray technology in Raycon metal detector to detect contamination in the food products. X-ray technology offers various benefits over the conventional metal detection process. Food metal detectors are capable of detecting only ferrous or non-ferrous contaminants, but these are not capable of inspecting other contaminants such as ceramics, glass and stones. With the use X-ray detection all these contaminants can be detected. This detector allows the inspection of two products at one time.
Key driving factors for the growth of food metal detector market:
There is increase in demand for the packaged food globally. Hence, companies in food industry will require more number of food metal detector machines. This is expected to be the key driving factor for the growth of food metal detector market.
Restraining factor for the growth of food metal detector market:
Lack of ability to detect ferrous as well as non-ferrous material in the food items in a single machine leads to installation of two different machines, which is a costly process.. This acts as restraint for the growth of the food metal detector market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the food metal detector market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the food metal detector market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the food metal detector market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed food metal detector market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Food Metal Detector Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Frequency type
Key Market Players
Loma systems, CEIA, Master Magnets Ltd., Eriez, Fortress Technology, Nissin Electronics, Sesotec, Mettler-Toledo, Nikka Densok, VinSyst