Food items are easily contaminated with hazardous germs, and they can become a major source of food-borne illnesses in people. Food-borne viruses are frequently conveyed to our bodies and can cause significant sickness.
Pesticides are frequently used during transit and storage, which could lead to cross contamination of human food. In circumstances where people are fatally allergic to antibiotics or a small fraction of medications, these kits are unavoidable. Mycotoxins can also be created at many points along the supply chain. As a result, it becomes vital to conduct quality checks on food on a frequent basis as a preventative measure to avoid any health hazards.
Pathogens, allergies, mycotoxins, adulterants, and other targets can all be detected and identified with the help of food testing kits.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- Due to COVID-19 consumers have become cautious about the food that they consume. Consumers want clean and safe food, this has led to many firms ensuring there food is safe for consumption. This has led to rise in demand for food testing kit market.
- In the face of a growing viral danger, government officials are ensuring the safe manufacture of food goods. As a result, the European Commission has issued guidelines for food makers to help them deal with the lack of governmental oversight that occurs during lockdowns.
- Given the potential for food manufacturers to offer virus-proof food products to consumers and gain a competitive advantage over other market competitors, the need for food safety testing in 2021 and subsequent years may be moderately increased.
Top Impacting Factors
- The food testing kits market is expected to expand over the forecast period, owing to factors such as technological advancements in the field of testing, as well as rising need for faster and more reliable test results.
- Foodborne illness is becoming more common, and food safety standards are becoming more severe in industrialized countries, boosting the market for food testing kits.
- In developing nations, a lack of effective food control infrastructure and resources may stifle the demand for food testing kits.
Packaged food segment will be driving factor of growth
The packaged food segment will be a driving force in the business, with a CAGR of 6.5 percent projected over the projection period. Pathogens that can cause earlier decomposition must be checked in packaged foods so that the required preservatives can be applied. Furthermore, strict rules, particularly in the United States and Europe, require businesses to conduct tests for toxins including allergens and mycotoxins. The Food Allergen Labeling and
Consumer Protection Act (FALCPA) is the major federal statute that governs how allergens are represented on packaged foods in the United States, for example.
Companies in the market are concentrating on delivering products and services that cover a broad range of testing requirements. Romer labs, for example, has a wide range of mycotoxin test kits for detecting regulated mycotoxins in agricultural commodities such raw grains and nuts, grain by-products, and feed formulations. Businesses are increasingly merging or purchasing other businesses in order to increase their market position. Cotecna announced the acquisition of Neotron, a leading global provider of testing services for food, supplements, pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics, in May 2019.
Consumer concerns about food safety and quality are growing
Foodborne infections, adulteration incidents, and toxicity have all increased as a danger to food safety, necessitating more food safety testing. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDCP), one out of every ten persons gets sick from foodborne illness each year, the majority of whom are children under the age of five.
According to the WHO, over 125,000 children die each year as a result of contaminated food. These considerations underline the need for further attention and facilities in the area of food safety. The food testing kits industry in industrialized nations is being driven by rising consumer interest in food quality combined with rapid technology improvements. Food processing industries and foodservice groups are assisting in building consumer trust through safety certifications and compliance. During the projected period, the leading players operating in the food testing kits market will benefit from the advancement of multi-contaminant analyzing technology and the expansion of international trade practices.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Food Testing Kits industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Food Testing Kits Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Food Testing Kits Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Food Testing Kits Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Food Testing Kits Market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is Food Testing Kits Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the Food Testing Kits Market?
Food Testing Kits Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
EnviroLogix, Agilent, Eurofins, Bio-Rad, IFP Institut Für Produktqualität, Thermo Fisher, Romer Labs, QIAGEN, PerkinElmer, Neogen, Millipore Sigma, bioMérieux