Foot and ankle allograft is a technique used in a number of medical procedures to save lives, repair limbs, and relieve pain in the patient by transplanting a cell or a tissue from one person to another. The donor should be non-identical, of the same species but of a different genotype. It is mostly used during the reconstructive process around the area of foot and ankle to improve the patient’s quality of life. Allograft procedures include neurosurgery, osteochondral grafts, dental surgery, orthopedics, osseous/structural graphs, and plastic surgery.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of the COVID-19 infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life-support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. There is an increase in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize on this increase in demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on the foot and ankle allograft market.
Top Impacting Factors
- The increase in the geriatric population also increases the incidence of diabetic foot ulcer and other chronic wounds, which are key factors that escalate the foot and ankle allograft market growth.
- The rise in the educational and awareness initiatives about the allograft procedure along with continuous commercialization of the products boost the growth of the market.
- The rise in R&D activities in bioresorbable and 3D printed implants is expected to create new opportunities for the foot and ankle allograft market during the forecast period.
- However, the high cost of foot and ankle devices and the lack of training of the professionals are anticipated to hinder the foot and ankle allograft market growth.
New Product Launches to Flourish Foot and Ankle Allograft Market
In June 2019, Metalogix received approval to launch the revolution external plating system that will be used for the treatment of foot and ankle in adults.
In October 2020, WishBone Medical Inc. got approval from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to launch Smart Correction External Fixation System for the pediatric patients.
Key Benefits of Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the foot and ankle allograft industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the foot and ankle allograft market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the foot and ankle allograft market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed foot and ankle allograft market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in Foot and Ankle Allograft Market Report
- Who are the leading players active in the foot and ankle allograft market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is foot and ankle allograft"?
- What is the foot and ankle allograft market prediction for the future?
Foot and Ankle Allograft Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Tornier N.V., Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation., Lattice Biologics Ltd., DePuy Synthes, MTF biologics, AlloSource, Bone Bank Allografts, Smith & Nephew, Össur, Zimmer Biomet, Acumed, LLC, Extremity Medical, LLC, Arthrex, Inc., Integra Life Sciences Corporation, Wright Medical Group N.V., JRF Ortho, RTI Surgical Holdings, Inc., CONMED Corporation, Amniox Medical, Inc.