Forensic technology is used for identification, interpretation and assessment of substantial evidences gathered from site of crime. Forensic science has witnessed tremendous developments in its technologies which in turn have increased its application as well as demand in the market. This technology provides effective and reliable results and so is employed for resolving many disputes. The driving forces for this market include increasing crime rates and finesse in crime, which creates a demand for these technologies for solving such cases. Also, the increasing eminence of DNA testing is contributing greatly to the development of this market. The major factor limiting the growth in this market is the regulatory constraints for these technologies. The growth opportunities in this market are increasing due to increasing backlog of cases requiring forensic aid and outsourcing of case results by the governments.
Global forensic technology service market analysis
On the basis of service, this market is classified into DNA profiling, drug testing, fingerprinting analysis and firearm analysis. DNA testing and fingerprinting are the fastest growing services in this market segment.
Global forensic technology product market analysis
On the basis of product, this market is classified into digital forensics, ballistics, DNA testing and biometric devices. Biometric products have a progressive contribution in total share of this market.
Forensic technology geography market analysis
On the basis of geography, this market is classified into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and rest of the world (RoW). The developed nations of North America and Europe have the major share in revenue generated in this market.
The major players in this market are Forensic Technology, Thermo Fisher Scientific, LGC Forensics, GE Healthcare Life Sciences, Everlert Inc. and NMS Labs. Everlert recently launched a digital forensic device, which provides premier screening at lesser price compared to CT scan equivalents.
High level analysis
The report analyzes global forensic technologies market with the help of Porter’s five forces model. This model helps in accessing the constituents of this market such as the bargaining power of buyers and suppliers, threats faced by substitutes and the barriers for new entrants. The report describes market dynamics to give a better understanding of current market scenario.
- The estimations in this report are made considering present market scenario and future potentials for the period 2014-2020
- The report explains the benefits of using this technology in gaining efficient and better results.
- The growth drivers and restraints are described so as to know the factors which would affect the demand of forensic technologies in future
- The market is segmented based on its products and services to give a better understanding of the present stage of technological advancement in this market
- The segmentation based on geography helps in understanding the demand in various countries and in tracking the potential regions for growth
- Porter’s five forces model is used to provide an insight of this industry
Key Market Segments
The global market for forensic technologies is classified based on services, products and geography.
Market by Service
- DNA Profiling
- Fingerprinting Analysis
- Drug Analysis
- Firearm Analysis
Market by Product
- DNA Testing
- Biometric Devices
- Ballistic Forensics
- Digital Forensics
Market by Geography
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America