Every pet requires adequate nutrition in order to be active, healthy, and happy. Growth in concerns about dog health and nutrition has fueled a worldwide trend toward high protein dog food and fresh recipes, which has caused new trends in the raw, fresh, and frozen dog food industry. Pet parents are willing to experiment with their dogs' diets and recipes, thus demand for fresh and frozen dog foods has expanded at roughly the same rate. Leading companies in the raw, fresh, and frozen dog food markets have experimented more with their offers in response to emerging trends. Experimentation and innovation in raw, fresh, and frozen dog foods are among the most recent industry trends that have gained popularity among pet parents, particularly those of the younger age.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 is an unprecedented global public health crisis that has impacted practically every business, and its long-term consequences are expected to have an impact on the frozen pet food industry's growth during the forecast period.
- Moreover, COVID-19 has led to disruption in the supply chain. Manufacturers were not able to run businesses properly due to lockdown, even many of them were not able to procure raw material that they needed at the right time. This has led to loss of sales due to shortage of inventories.
- The pandemic has led to fall in demand for frozen pet food. Many people lost their livelihood due to this pandemic, which led to fall in income of people and they had to control their expenses. Therefore, many pet owners shifted to other pet foods that were comparatively more cost effective.
Top Impacting Factors
- The demand for raw, fresh, and frozen dog foods is quite high in North America, owing to the region's growth in pet parenting culture.
- The market is fiercely competitive. The industry's leaders include WellPet, Stella and Chewy, and K9 Naturals. The frozen and freeze-dried pet food sector is expected to become increasingly popular in the future as society evolves and consumer demand shifts.
- In 2016, the revenue proportion of freeze-dried pet food was around 42.2 percent, while the revenue proportion of frozen pet food was around 57.8 percent. As most of the moisture has been removed, freeze-dried foods are both light. Low heat and pressure are used to eliminate moisture from freeze-dried formulations.
Manufacturers can get an advantage in global markets by personalizing and customizing their products.
Leading players in the raw, fresh, and frozen dog food industries are profiting on end users' desire to provide specific nutrients to their pets via high-quality dog foods. As a result, pet parents are increasingly interested in the customization of ingredients and nutrients to meet the change in demands of their pets.
On their online distribution channels, raw, fresh, and frozen dog food producers have introduced a ‘Choose Your Recipe' option, allowing pet parents to choose numerous elements, from ingredients to packaging. While tailoring their raw, fresh and frozen dog food products, several industry competitors now offer nutritional expert guidance. This is predicted to give these stakeholders a significant boost in the global raw, fresh, and frozen dog food industry.
Growth in Concern among Pet Owners
The increased concern among pet owners about their pets' health is expected to be the key driver of the raw pet food market's growth. In addition, the increased awareness of frozen pet meals among the general public, as a result of online blogs and veterinary doctor recommendations, is claimed to promote the market's growth.
The growth in middle class population and increase in disposable money allows them to purchase frozen pet food, which is more expensive than processed meals. Furthermore, the market is being driven by the increase in proliferation of brands in various countries. On the other hand, the adulteration of frozen pet food with low-quality components is reported to be impeding industry expansion. Nonetheless, rise in pet owner awareness of the authenticity of frozen pet food is expected to have a favorable impact on the market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the frozen dog food industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the frozen dog food market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the frozen dog food market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed frozen dog food market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Frozen Dog Food Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the frozen dog food market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is frozen dog food market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the frozen dog food market?
Frozen Dog Food Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Nature’s Variety, NATURAL PET FOOD GROU, WellPet, Stella & Chewy’s LLC, Champion Petfoods LP, Dr. Harvey’s, Steve’s Real Food, Vital Essentials Raw, Bravo LLC, Primal Pet Foods, NW Naturals, Orijen, Steve's Real Food, Grandma Lucy’s LLC, NRG Freeze Dried Raw