Fruit Processing Equipment Market Outlook - 2027
The fruit processing equipment is used to process raw fruits and convert them into consumable fruit products. The fruit processing equipment is used for multiple applications in the food and beverage industry. Different techniques are used for fruit processing like filling, washing, seasoning, dewatering, and packaging. The main objective of the fruit processing is to eliminate toxins from the fruits and prolong the fruit’s shelf life for processed fruits. Fruit processing is very essential in the production of human consumable products. During fruit processing, the major objectives are to preserve flavor, color, nutrition, and texture of the fruit and also ensuring the prolonged shelf life of the fruits.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the fruit processing equipment industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of fruit processing equipment market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Drivers, restraints, and opportunities
Changing lifestyles due to busy schedules resulting in increasing dependence on processed food, emerging new technologies for fruit processing, and notable growth in the fruit and vegetable processing industry are the factors that are expected to potentially drive the fruit processing equipment market in the coming years. Technological advancements like advanced processing methods and innovative equipment will support the growth of the market. Additionally, rapid globalization has led to a rise in global trade for processed food which will fuel the growth of the fruit processing equipment market. However, growing concerns for health and hygienic food is assumed to be a restraining factor for the fruit processing equipment market. On the other hand, incentives and funding by governments of emerging countries like China and others for the food processing industry can create huge of opportunities for the fruit processing equipment market.
Trends in fruit processing equipment market
Technological advancements to flourish the market
Many new technologies have been emerging in the food processing industry lately to increase product quality. Extensive research and development have resulted in new technologies in the market. For instance, high-pressure processing (HPP) is one such technology that is trending in the market. HPP is a technique that uses high pressure created using water to pasteurize fruits by preserving the fruit’s nutrients. This results in a uniform shape of the fruit that can be used for quick transmission. Further, key vendors are focusing on research and development to improve processed fruit quality by adopting several techniques and technologies. Such new technologies are expected to fuel the growth of the fruit processing equipment market.
A surge in demand for frozen food
The demand for frozen fruits is growing at a fast pace globally. The reasons being consumers changing lifestyles due to hectic schedules and expectations of consumers for seasonal products to be available for the whole year. Also, fruits and vegetables that are cut, processed, and frozen are having high demand in the market due to the increasing number of consumers who do not prefer spending much time cooking. These factors are expected to increase the demand for processed food which consequently results in higher demand for food processing equipment in the forecast period.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study represents the analytical representation of the global fruit processing equipment market combined with the ongoing trends and future predictions to determine investment opportunities.
- The present market is thoroughly analyzed to enlighten the fruit processing equipment market growth.
- The report gives information regarding the important drivers, restraints, and opportunities provided with an in-depth analysis of the global fruit processing equipment market.
- Segmentation details of the global fruit processing equipment market.
- The report gives a comprehensive global fruit processing equipment market analysis based on competitiveness and how the performance of the competitors will take shape in the coming years.
Fruit Processing Equipment Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
The Kraft Heinz Company, Bosch, Conagra Brands, Olam International, Nestle, JBT Corporation., Greencore Group, Buhler, Albertsons, Krones