A full body scanner is a device used to scan a body part for security and safety purposes where electromagnetic radiations are used to identify objects without physical contact. The type of technology used to scan the body decides the type of image that comes up on the monitoring screen. This is usually an alternate wavelength representation showing body carrying any objects. The body scanner is capable of scanning through walls and clothes.
The increase in need for aviation and railway security from terrorism drives the market for development. The need for countering theft, smuggling of drugs, and trafficking increase the requirement of full body scanners. Besides, these scanners are also used to check if any person has picked up a random item, which is not billed, thus tracking the act of stealing. This feature also drives the market toward rapid growth and development. However, increase in claims stating the disruption of personal privacy through these technologies restrains the market growth.
The full body scanner market is segmented based on technology, systems, application, and geography. On the basis of systems, it is divided into image processing & modelling and 3D body scanners. On the basis of technology it is bifurcated into millimeter wave scanner and backscatter X-ray. According to application, it is categorized into transport protection and critical infrastructure protection. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players operating in the market include Smiths Group plc, L3 Technologies, Inc., Rapiscan Systems Ltd., Adani Systems Inc., Iscon Imaging Inc., Nuctech Co. Ltd., OT-Morpho, Brijot Imaging Systems Inc, and Braun and Company Limited.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the full body scanner market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- The report provides information about the key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations from 2017 to 2023 are provided to showcase the financial competence of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers and suppliers participating in the market.
Full Body Scanner Market Key Segmentation
- Image Processing & Modelling
- 3D Body Scanners
- Millimeter Wave Scanner
- Backscatter X-Ray
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Smiths Group plc
- L3 Technologies, Inc.
- Rapiscan Systems Ltd.
- Adani Systems Inc.
- Iscon Imaging Inc.
- Nuctech Co. Ltd.
- Brijot Imaging Systems Inc
- Braun and Company Limited