Functional near infrared (fNIR) optical brain imaging is a technique in which blood flow is monitored in the front part of the brain by measuring changes in near-infrared light. fNIR systems provide real-time monitoring of tissue oxygenation in the brain as patients perform their day to day task
Increase in incidences of neurological disorders and rise in number of diagnostic imaging procedures drive the market. Moreover fNIR offers a relatively non-invasive, safe, and portable method of indirect and direct monitoring of brain activity. This propels the market growth. However, high cost of medical imaging modalities restrain the market. Introduction of advanced systems in emerging economies of Asia-Pacific and LAMEA make way for growth prospects for the market.
The report segments the global fNIR systems market based on type, end user, and region. Based on type, it is divided into FT-NIR spectroscopy, dispersive NIR spectroscopy, and others. Based on end user, it is classified into hospitals, research institutes, and diagnostic centers. By geography, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Key players that operate in the market include Hitachi, Ltd., Shimadzu Corporation, and Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by leading players across various regions.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographic regions is provided that helps determine prevailing opportunities in these regions.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed, to help understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by closely following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework.
Functional Near Infrared Optical Brain Imaging Systems Market Key Segments:
- FT-NIR Spectroscopy
- Dispersive NIR Spectroscopy
By End User
- Research Institutes
- Diagnostic Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA