Lacquers are clear or colored coatings that provide glossy finish to furniture and fixture surfaces. They are available with many different sheen levels, ranging from high gloss to ultra-matte. It offers extremely hard finishes, and is highly resistant to damage, particularly from acid, alkali, water, and abrasions.
It is dispersed in solvent, which evaporates quickly by curing process leaving a hard, durable finish on the furniture. Solvent-based lacquer such as nitrocellulose lacquer cures slow, which makes the finishing process, touch-up, or repair easier and more controllable. It is produced from the nitration of cotton and other cellulosic materials, which produce high shine, providing hard, flexible, and durable finish. Acrylic lacquer provides enhanced adhesion to metals, and has high resistance to UV ray and water.
The advantage of acrylic lacquer over nitrocellulose lacquer is its significantly rapid drying time. Increase in environmental- and health-related risks have led to the development of water-based lacquers. It is extensively used in wood furniture finishing, but does have combustibility issues as that of solvent-based lacquers.
Rise in disposable income and change in lifestyle patterns in emerging countries, such as China, India, Brazil, Middle East, and Africa, have fueled the demand for building renovation & remodeling, which drive the growth of the global furniture lacquer market. Moreover, growth in population in these countries is expected to boost the demand for housing and commercial infrastructure.
Rise in preference for eco-friendly, nontoxic products and increase in environmental awareness among the consumers have supplemented the demand for water-based furniture lacquer. However, solvent-based furniture lacquer is witnessing a downturn, owing to stringent government regulations and environmental policies due to presence of volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
The global furniture lacquer market is segmented based on type, application, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is bifurcated into solvent-based lacquers and water-based lacquers. The solvent-based lacquers segment is further divided into nitrocellulose lacquer and acrylic lacquer. Application covered on the study include wood furniture and metal furniture. The report analyzes the market trends in different geographies, which include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players profiled in this study include:
- AkzoNobel N.V.
- Hempel A/S
- Nippon Paint Co. Ltd.
- PPG Industries
- Kansai Paints Co. Ltd.
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- BASF SE
- Axalta Coating Systems
- Diamond Paints
- RPM International Inc.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global essential furniture lacquer market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends as well as quantitative analysis for the period of 20162023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates various type of furniture lacquer.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies as well as the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Furniture Lacquer Market Segmentation:
- Solvent Based
- Nitrocellulose Lacquers
- Acrylic Lacquers
- Water Based
- Wood Furniture
- Metal Furniture
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA