GaAs is a compound semiconductor with III-V direct bandgap that is used in a variety of applications. It is a zinc blende crystal structure composed of two elements: gallium (Ga) and arsenide (As). It is used as a substrate for the epitaxial growth of other semiconductors like aluminum gallium arsenide and indium gallium arsenide. Attributed to its superior thermal conductivity, lightweight, and natural abundance, silicon is the most commonly used material for semiconductor devices. GaAs semiconductors are also popular, which are prized for their high carrier mobility and optoelectronic applications. Due to these characteristics, GaAs is used for GaAs on silicon in a variety of applications such as LD, LED, microwave circuit, and solar cell applications. Furthermore, these can be used in high electron mobility transistors, hetero junction bipolar transistors, photovoltaic devices, and other devices.
The global GaAs Electronic Devices market is segmented on the basis of Type, Application and Region. Based on type, the market is divided into LEC Grown GaAs Devices & VGF Grown GaAs Devices. In terms of application, the market is categorized into Light Emitting Diodes, Photovoltaic Devices, Radio Frequency Electronics, Phototonic Devices and Others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
COVID-19 impact analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a negative impact on the GaAs electronic devices market share, with manufacturing activities being temporarily halted across major manufacturing hubs, resulting in a significant production slowdown. People are becoming significantly more isolated as a result of increased restrictions on public meetings and travel. Due to supply chain delays, stock market instability, and halting of airlines, business dealing in the GaAs electronic devices business is also feeling the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. It has directly impacted the production and demand for GaAs electronic devices industry causing supply chain and market disruption. As airports are shut down due to lockdown restrictions, the use of GaAs electronic devices able laser is halted, negatively impacting the GaAs electronic devices market size.
Top impacting factors
The increasing adoption of smartphones and the growing penetration of light emitting diode (LED) in general lighting are significant growth drivers for the GaAs electronic devices market growth. The introduction of IoT has been one of the primary reasons for the market's growing trend. The technology has created a demand for high-frequency communication devices built with GaAs-based integrated circuits. Furthermore, as more companies expand their communication infrastructure, the demand for GaAs-based devices will rise, fueling the growth of the GaAs wafers market in the coming years. The demand for GaAs devices is increasing across various end-user industries such as aerospace and defense, electronics, and communications, which is driving up demand for GaAs Wafers globally. The demand for GaAs devices is increasing across various end-user industries such as aerospace and defense, electronics, and communications, which is driving up demand for GaAs Wafers globally. Another key factor driving the growth of the GaAs wafer market is the increasing global adoption of 4G and 5G networks. The high production cost of GaAs wafers, on the other hand, is a restraining factor affecting the GaAs electronic devices market opportunity.
New product launches to flourish the market
In October 2019, PAM-XIAME, a developer and manufacturer of compound semiconductor substrates-gallium, developed advanced crystal growth and epitaxy technologies ranging from the first-generation Germanium wafer to the second-generation Gallium Arsenide with substrate growth and epitaxy on III-V silicon doped n-type semiconductor materials based on Ga, Al, In, As, and P grown by MBE or MOCVD, to the third generation Silicon carbide and Gallium Nitride for LED and power device applications.
Surge in usage in radio frequency electronics
GaAs-based radio-frequency devices are widely used in wireless communication applications such as wireless networks (WLAN), mobile communication, 4G/5G base stations, satellite communications, and Wi-Fi communications. This trend represents a significant step forward in the development of next-generation, high-performance, ultra-compact RF front-end chipsets required for 4G and 5G smartphones and other handsets. The increasing global internet penetration, particularly in developing countries such as India and Brazil, has increased demand for GaAs wafers. As a result, the demand for backhaul, base stations, and fiber-optic networks in wireless communication infrastructure and Wi-Fi connectivity products has increased, supporting the growing global penetration of the internet, which is driving the adoption of GaAs wafers. Furthermore, the rise of mobile data and the widespread adoption of IoT are driving the demand for Wi-Fi and other wireless communication devices. The rapid growth of such technologies and other wireless communications-related products is assisting in the adoption of GaAs wafers. As a result, demand for GaAs wafers for wireless communications networks is expected to rise further during the forecast period.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the GaAs electronic devices market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the GaAs electronic devices market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight GaAs electronic devices market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed GaAs electronic devices market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in GaAs Electronic Devices Market research report
- What are the leading market players active in the GaAs electronic devices market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future would help in taking further strategic steps?
- Upcoming report specific FAQs examples:
- What is GaAs electronic device?
- What does GaAs electronic devices allow organizations to achieve?
- Which technologies combine to make GaAs electronic devices a critical organizational asset?
- What are the key benefits of the GaAs electronic devices market report?
- Which niches should companies associated with recent improvements establish a presence in?
- Upcoming report specific FAQs examples:
GaAs Electronic Devices Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
TriQuint Semiconductor, Renesas Electronics, Hittite Microwave, Avago Technologies, Skyworks Solutions, Murata Manufacturing, Advanced Wireless Semiconductor, M/A-COM Technology Solutions, Qorvo, RF Micro Devices