Gait trainer is a wheeled device that assists individuals in walking and balancing properly. This device is mainly used by people either having inappropriate functioning of gait skills owing to various disorders or by individuals that are learning to walk pertaining to inability to walk independently. The device is used by both adults as well as pediatrics with physical maladies. Gait trainers offer several features including postural alignment, unweighting support and balance assistance to the individuals suffering from independent walking inability. Stroke, osteoporosis, cerebral palsy are among the leading causes of long-term disability. Impairments caused due to stroke leads to difficulties in walking. Furthermore, walking ability has crucial impact on health in offering protection against common secondary complications stroke. Gait trainers play a pivotal role in such medical conditions and are used to offer assistance to individuals.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has emerged as a humanitarian as well as economic crisis, creating strain on the society and affecting millions of people and businesses
- Industry closures and people are asked to stay in their homes which has cause taken a huge toll in terms of money and economic growth
- Over 4 million people affected globally, with 300 thousand losing their lives due to SARS-CoV-2
- Healthcare organizations are already working in battle mode, preparing new plans to respond growing COVID-19 patients, right from sourcing rapid diagnosing kits to sufficient PPE kits for workers
- Due to diversion of medical field towards treating COVID-19, the funding to R&D activities related to gait trainers has been reduced and this segment have to face negligence subsequently causing negative impact on gait trainers market
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The rising incidences of stroke amongst the adult population, growing prevalence of Parkinson’s disease and cerebral palsy coupled with the soaring numbers of spinal impairments globally are the factors driving the growth of gait trainer market in near future. The aging population around the world will further amplify the incidences of above mentioned diseases as elderly population is prone to acquire several chronic ailments giving rise to complex medical conditions resulting in pain and physical impairment throughout their life. This impairment hampers their ability to walk independently and they need assistance in walking provided by gait trainers. These factors would surge the demand for gait trainers in the long run.
Furthermore, technological developments in gait trainer technology, for instance mechanized gait trainer system and walking aids infrastructure combined with robotics-assistive mechanism would fuel the global gait trainer market. Key market players and medical device manufacturers are increasingly emphasizing on emerging markets owing to large patient pool offering immense growth avenues for the market expansion. Additionally, the increasing number of rehabilitation centers coupled with rising developments in gait training therapies will have a positive impact on the market. The patients in rehabilitation centers and homecare settings revealed that the gait trainers aid in rapid accessibility, agility, better control and prevent the risk of falling down during walking and other movements.
Although, these products and services are available at reasonable cost and are affordable to the family of individuals who require them for walking assistance, many of the individuals with physical disabilities may not be able to access them owing to financial concerns until it is offered at subsidized rate or free of cost; especially in the under-developed countries.
Increasing incidences of musculoskeletal disorders and rise in geriatric population to fuel the growth
The gait trainer market would witness significant growth owing to increasing disorders including skeletal deformities and cerebral palsy. Musculoskeletal disorder restricts the mobility and is one of the leading contributor globally for disability. As per the Global Burden of Disease Study, approximately 18.8 million people were affected due to musculoskeletal condition in United Kingdom alone. Furthermore, increasing elderly population and related physical maladies disorders would have a positive impact on gait trainer market. The geriatric population is often observed to be more prone to health problems comparatively. As per the report, ‘World Ageing Population, 2019’ the older population, i.e., people belonging to age group 65 and above accounted for approximately 702.9 million all around the world and it is expected to hit 1500 million mark. Therefore, increasing geriatric population would contribute to rise in the market for digestive enzymes.
Custom gait trainer to stimulate adoption rate coupled with growing adoption in homecare settings
Various medical device manufacturing companies are engaged in development of advanced gait trainers with an element of personalization as per customer demands. Custom-made gait trainers are gaining popularity and available with customizations and wide range of lengths, sizes and features such as robotic assistance, sensors like exoskeleton and many more. Additionally, the manufacturers are also emphasizing on affordable and highly efficient design along with mass production of these devices at lowest cost, to offer cost-effective solutions in the competitive market. Manufacturers are designing and manufacturing these devices explicitly based on specifications demanded by the individuals and match precisely with the essential geometries along with multiple features to aid in walking movement assistance.
In addition to this, the adoption of gait trainers is increasing in homecare settings as they provide better mobility, reduced risk of falling and independence in walking. Moreover, the growing pressure to reduce hospital spending, homecare segmented is expected to boom in coming years thereby, stimulating the growth for gait trainer market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global gait trainer market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global gait trainer market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyze to highlight the global gait trainer market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global gait trainer market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Gait trainer Market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the gait trainer market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Gait Trainer Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Ekso Bionics, Meyland Smith A/S, Medica Medizintechnik GmbH, Rifton Equipment, Otto Bock Inc, Alter G Inc, ReWalk Robotics, Biodex Medical Systems, Hocoma, Rex Bionics Ltd
Biodex Medical System