Galactose is a simple form of sugar. It is found in nature as one of the three monosaccharides, glucose, fructose and galactose. When galactose is combined with glucose, through a condensation reaction, the result is a disaccharide called lactose. Galactose can be called as a building block of lactose. Lactose is found in milk. Lactose can also be found in cream, fresh cheeses, and yoghurt, in addition to milk.. Lactose is necessary for diet as it helps in the absorption of calcium and phosphorus. It helps in the growth of useful bacteria to tackle unwanted organisms and promote health in the human intestine. The human body produces galactose from glucose, and hence not essential to include it in the diet. It is safe for diabetes patients in moderate quantities. Galactose is also used as a food additive in sports drinks and chewing gums. It can be also called as a dietary supplement.
Covid-19 impact analysis
- There has been a negative impact of the pandemic on all the industries all over the world. The implementation of lockdown have affected a lot of manufacturers financially. The industry growth of various non-essential industries like cosmetics have been slowed down and there was a huge fluctuation in demand.
- There was a noticeable fluctuation in pharmaceutical industry supply chain which resulted in approval delays. Due to this, there were negative impacts on the pharmaceuticals industries. There was supply shortage of pharmaceutical ingredients and final products.
- As the authorities forced to close the restaurants, the food industries was affected due to low demand. Thus the production of galactose had slowed down due to decreasing demand.
Top Impacting factor
Rise in the usage of galactose in food & beverage is expected to drive the market in the upcoming years which is encouraging companies for the production of galactose. The raw materials are easily available for the production which is anticipated to boost the demand of galactose during the forecast period. Global companies in the galactose market are investing to develop new and better ways to manufacture galactose.. The volatile prices of raw materials may hamper the growth during the forecast period.
- CJ CheilJedang Corp, The FCAD Chemical Company, and E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company are all major participants in the global galactose market. To expand their market share, these companies engage in research and development, strategic alliances, and mergers and acquisitions.
- The global players are planning to boost their production capacity by building new plant or acquiring existing plants of other players. They are also planning to expand their distribution channel to establish a strong hold in the galactose market. Increasing health awareness among people have enhanced the demand for diet food like low fat or sugar or salt which is expected to surge the market.
- In 2014, WHO have lowered the sugar recommendation from 10% to 5% to decrease the risk of heart disease, obesity and cancer. Galactose helps in fighting these problems which will boost its demand during the forecast period.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the galactose industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the galactose market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the galactose market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed galactose market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the galactose market report
- Who are the leading market players active in the galactose market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Upcoming Report specific
- What are the challenges faced in the "galactose” market?
- What are the key benefits of the "galactose” market report?
- What will be the anticipated growth rates for your own galactose Market economy altogether and also for every segment inside?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
Galactose Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
The FCAD Chemical Company,, Danisco, CJ CheilJedang Corp., YONEYAMA YAKUHIN KOGYO, E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company