Gamete preservation is a technique to store and preserve gametes such as spermatozoa and oocyte for some time span to use it in the future. The gamete preservation banks are responsible for the storing and freezing of human gametes. The technique of gamete preservation is preferred by men just as women with a probability of losing fertility, due to threat or during clinical treatment of infertility. Gamete preservation banks take and store a huge part of spermatozoa and oocyte for the ones who cannot conceive. Stored gamete cells are utilized by couples for infertility treatments such as in-vitro fertilization or assisted reproductive technology (ART). Improvements in cryopreservation techniques, rise in concern about infertility issue, the emergence of fertility tourism, increase in incidence of miscarriages, escalation in the rate of obesity, and surge in awareness toward infertility treatment are the key factors that drive the growth of the global gamete preservation market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Increase has been witnessed in the demand for medical supplies to take care of infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment, including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. The need for medical supplies has increased among both healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the gamete preservation market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Exponential rise in the number of male & female infertility, surge in prevalence of obesity, increase in acceptance of gamete preservation services, government activities in assisted reproductive techniques (ART), and alarming upsurge in prevalence of miscarriage acts as the key drivers of the global gamete preservation market.
- In addition, increase in addiction to smoking, changes in lifestyle, hereditary variables, contact with specific synthetic substances & poisons, issues with sperm & egg formation are affecting fertility in females & males, which, in turn, is projected to contribute toward the market development.
- Furthermore, developing recognition of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender(LGBT) community is one of the variables that is boosting gamete donations across different nations.
- An increase in reassuring and financially supporting government activities to put forward better reimbursement situations over various countries are expected to support the uptake of fertility treatments, thus encouraging market growth for gamete preservation.
- Contrarily, a negative mentality toward gamete banks for pregnancy, high cost of assistive reproduction & artificial insemination, and restricted spread of this technique across the different locales of the world limit the market growth. Moreover, implementation pf different government guidelines for the storage of gamete samples is expected to hamper the market.
Strategies to flourish the market
Different organizations are focusing on organic development policies, for example, product approvals, product launches, and others such as events and patents. Inorganic development policies utilization noticed in the market were acquisitions, and collaborations, and partnerships. These activities have cleared the route for the development of the business and client base of market players.
In April 2019, A majority stake has been acquired by Axcel in European Sperm Bank, which is a leading sperm bank in Europe. This was to expand an existing business and provide effective sperm bank services. Such acquisition will allow the expansion of gametes banks globally during the forecast period.
Funding with the assistance that is provided by government as well as nongovernment groups such as WHO boost the market growth. Furthermore, increase in advanced research activities for the discovery and development of novel technologies would be a major benefit for global players. In addition, rise in reimbursements for gamete donation is fueling the growth of the market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the gamete preservation industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Gamete Preservation Report
- Which are the leading players active in the gamete preservation market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "gamete preservation"?
- What is "gamete preservation" market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "gamete preservation" market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "gamete preservation" market report?
Gamete Preservation Market Report Highlights
By Donor Type
By Insemination Method
By Services Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Xytex Corporation, Androcryos, Seattle Sperm Bank, RepoTech Limited, London Sperm Bank Ltd., European Sperm Bank Aps, Indian Spermtech, Cryos International Aps, Fairfax Cryobank Inc.