Gamma-Aminobutyric acid (GABA) is an important inhibitory neurotransmitter found in the central nervous system of mammals. The neurotransmitter reduces the activity of neurons to which it binds, thus is used to control anxiety or fear when neurons are overexcited. GABA receptors are protein molecules that respond to neurotransmitter GABA.
Rise in incidences of neurological disorders and increase in aging population since the probability of developing Alzheimer's disease doubles every five years after the age of 65 drive the market. According to Alzheimers Association, the risk of developing Alzheimers is nearly 50% after the age 85. Moreover, increase in prevalence of risk factors (such as diabetes), and lifestyle changes (such as alcohol consumption) also increase the chances of developing a mental disorder.
This ultimately drive the market growth. However, low awareness, especially in developing nations; regarding treatment of mental disorders restrain the market growth. Increased funding by government and private organizations across emerging economies for treatment of neurological disorders is expected to provide growth opportunities for the market growth.
The global GABA market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and region. Based on type, the market is bifurcated into GABAA and GABAB. By application, it is classified into attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, psychiatric disorders, Alzheimers disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, memory impairment, and other disorders. By geography, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
The key players operating in the market include AgeneBio, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Les Laboratoires Servier SAS, and Nutra Green Biotechnology Co.,Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which explains the competitive outlook of the global market.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Exhaustive analysis by type helps to understand the types of GABA used and its application that are expected to gain prominence in the future.
Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) Receptor Market Key Segments:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Psychiatric Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Memory Impairment
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA