Gamma probes are devices utilized for the detection of radiations of patients. The function is similar to the high and small directional Geiger counter. The designs of the devices are such that they can be used for surgical purposes. Surgeons use gamma probe devices to llok for tumors, tissue lymph nodes, and parathyroid glands in the body. They can also be used to create a small incision and help to achieve confidence in locating the tissues. In addition, gamma probe are hand-held devices used for intraocular after interstitial injection of radionuclides. Sentinel nodes have been growing at a high rate in the past decade. It began with the breast cancer sentinel node staging and melanoma sentinel node surgical search, which are considered as standards of care. Furthermore, innovative applications are being upgraded, such as intra-operative detection of cancerous tissue and parathyroid direct detection, by utilizing tumor-seeking radiopharmaceuticals.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- To take care of the infected population, the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices, such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor, are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment.
- Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising both from healthcare professionals and civil populations for precautionary measures.
- Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize on this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market.
- Attributed to such factors, COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on the gamma probe device market.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Increase in frequencies of various product launches with new upgrades in the features of gamma probe devices and rise in cases of breast cancer are the major factors propelling the growth of the gamma probe devices market. Mobile gamma probe devices are being preferred due to their efficacy while continuing to lower the damage risk. Additionally, innovative and development of new gamma probe products are underway. Additionally, gamma probe device is also utilized for various treatments, such as sentinel lymph node mapping for diagnosis and parathyroid surgical treatment, thereby affecting the growth of the gamma probe device market.
Moreover, development, increase in focus of population, and advantages of gamma radiation in the techniques to detect using X-rays help in the acceptance for patients and also increase their consumption by surgeons. Systems with features, which make the devices easy to operate, have ergonomic stainless steel probes and are wireless. Therefore, these factors boost the growth of the market. However, other alternatives being selected by the patients and expensive procedures involved in the gamma probe devices are the major challenges faced by the gamma probe device market.
New product launches and acquisitions to boost the market
On July 6th, 2016, Dilon Technologies, Inc. launched the purple Navigator 2.0 gamma probe system to be used for sentinel lymph node biopsy. On July 8th, 2016, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) researchers have evolved handheld, wireless, and lightweight devices to aim for cancer cells detection and analyze suspicious lymph nodes during surgeries.
Surge in usage in hospital applications
Hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others are the major consumers of gamma probe devices. Amongst them, hospitals are the biggest end users of the market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the gamma probe device market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the gamma probe device market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the gamma probe device market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the gamma probe device market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Gamma Probe Device Market Report Highlights
By Modality Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Hologic, Inc, Wake Medical, Lake Shore Cryotronics, Inc., Dilon Technologies, Inc., Intramedical Imaging, Tron Medical Ltd, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Raditec Medical AG