Gas-phase-grown carbon fiber is manufactured through the catalytic decomposition of hydrocarbons such as methane and benzene in the vapour phase. These fibers contain circular cross sections and central hollow cores that have a few nanometre diameters. The graphite networks are organized in concentric cylinders and carbon fibers are placed like tree rings to form a unique structure that has outstanding physical properties. High tensile strength & tensile modulus, low electrical resistivity, and high thermal conductivity are some of the properties that make these fibers ideal for industrial applications. Their thermal conductivity (1,950 W/m-K) is the highest among all commercial carbon fibers available in the market. These fibers are anticipated to deliver a new generation of polymer composites that have multifunctional properties.
Rapid development of electronic devices, growth in the automotive sector, and rise in the demand for high performance products in aerospace & defence are the major factors that drive the gas-phase-grown carbon fiber market globally. However, high price and long production cycles may restrain the market growth. Nevertheless, the increasing application of gas-phase grown carbon fiber in the medical industry and technological advancements will provide potential opportunities for market expansion.
The report segments the gas-phase-grown carbon fiber market on the basis of type and application. Based on type, the market is bifurcated into polyacrylonitrile (PAN) based and asphalt based.On the basis of application, the market is segmented into aerospace & defence, automotive, electrical & electronics, building & construction, medical, and others. The geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players provided in the report include:
- Cytec Industries Inc.
- DowAksa Advanced Composites Holdings B.V.
- Formosa Plastic Corporation
- Hexcel Corporation
- Jiangsu Hengshen Fibre Material Co., Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Rayon Carbon Fiber and Composites, Inc.
- SGL Carbon SE
- Teijin Limited
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Zhongfu Shenying Carbon Fiber Co., Ltd.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global gas-phase-grown carbon fiber market to identify prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth has been provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market has been provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent past have been listed.
Gas-phase-grown Carbon Fiber Market Key Segments:
- PAN Based
- Asphalt Based
- Aerospace & Defence
- Electrical & Electronics
- Building & Construction
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA