Fixing gas pipes, ventilation or flue pipes, commissioning gas appliances, and guaranteeing their safe functioning are all covered by gas pipe fittings. Ships, caravans, mobile homes, railroads, boats, and other vehicles are equipped with gas pipes. Additionally, gas pipe fitting is installed within a building for gas delivery in both residential and commercial settings. Gas pipe fittings are generally used to establish or repair pipes or tube systems that transport gas and, on occasion, liquid. Corrosive liquids, medical or laboratory wastes, and pharmaceutical production are just a few of the uses for gas pipe fitting. The gas pipe fittings are created to satisfy the performance needs of certain applications that could increase efficiency. With the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the government enforced a lockdown that halted the operations in different sectors. The halt in operations had led to a fall in the requirement for gas pipe fittings from the commercial and industrial sectors.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- As the COVID-19 pandemic has forced countries to enforce lockdown, the supply and distribution chain had disrupted. The shifting of activities in operations and vendor operations impacted the production. Hypermarkets/supermarkets and convenience stores were closed, creating a gap in demand and supply.
- The production process for gas pipes had become a challenge for companies due to the limited availability of labour, disrupted raw material supply and logistic issue.
- The limited availability of raw materials had increased the initial price of the materials that were available for the production process. The increase in the price of raw material affected the final price of the gas pipes and the market price of the gas pipes have consequently increased.
Top Impacting Factors
- The use of numerous gases in the industrial sector for processing, an increase in concern about the use of natural gas, and governments encouraging the use of gas in residential and commercial kitchens are contributing to the rapid development of the gas pipe fitting market. An increase in operational activities in the oil & gas sector and growth of other industrial sectors which deals with fuels and gases are expected to increase the demand and sales of pipes and fittings.
- The worldwide gas pipe fittings market is restrained by an increase in the danger of exposure to hazardous gases when repairing and maintaining gas pipe fittings. The overall threat is restricting the market to grow as different industries are looking for an alternative to increase the safety in the working environment and decrease the rate of mishaps that could occur.
- With the introduction of new machines and equipment, the manufacturing companies have to develop a new design of the gas pipes to match the requirement of the market. The global gas pipe fittings market is projected to see considerable growth due to the development of new designs and collaboration with gas service providers and product suppliers.
The increased consumption of natural gas is driving the gas pipe fittings market.
Natural gas consumption grew considerably in 2019, reaching 3,929 billion cubic meters, thanks to rising demand in a variety of industries, including power generation and transportation. This trend is projected to continue in the future years, with the gas pipe fitting infrastructure likely to be driven by it. Qatar remained the world's top LNG exporter in 2019, with 107 billion cubic meters exported, a position it has maintained for more than a decade. The global LNG trade is anticipated to grow significantly, resulting in increasing demand for the gas pipe fittings network as well. The development of new natural gas sources, such as shale gas reserves, and the resultant price pressure are driving up natural gas international commerce. As a result, transportation and storage volumes are also increasing. As a consequence of these changes, the demand for gas pipe fittings in the market is projected to rise.
The increase in the development of new projects from all around the world is contributing to the growth of the gas pipe fittings market.
With the increase in construction of new projects such as the USD 705 million Zeelink gas pipeline recently completed by Open Grid Europe. The Zeelink gas pipeline is a 134-mile (215-kilometre) pipeline built by Open Grid Europe GmbH and Thyssengas GmbH in collaboration. This type of numerous projects from all around the world is fueling the need for gas pipeline fittings. The high sales of gas pipelines are increasing the growth of the gas pipe fittings market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the gas pipe fittings industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the gas pipe fittings market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the gas pipe fittings market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed gas pipe fittings market analysis on the basis of competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Gas Pipe Fittings Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the gas pipe fittings market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Gas Pipe Fittings Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Apollo International Limited, Oatey, Shandong Lutai Industrial Trading Co. Ltd., Toysotech, Georg Fischer, Mueller Industries, Cash Acme, McWane, ITT Grinnell, Anvil International