Gastrointestinal diseases include complications related to the stomach, esophagus, large intestine, small intestine, gallbladder, rectum, liver, and pancreas. Gastrointestinal over the counter (OTC) drugs are medications that can be bought without any doctors prescription and are used to control vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, and flatulence.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the gastrointestinal OTC drugs market include the increasing prevalence of gastrointestinal diseases, high adoption of OTC drugs as they are cost-effective & convenient to buy, advancements in R&D activities such as innovations in drugs, and high demand for self-diagnosis and self-medication. However, factors such as stringent government regulations and inadequate reimbursements provided for gastrointestinal OTC drugs hinder the market growth. Conversely, growth in public awareness and increase in healthcare expenditures are expected to provide numerous opportunities for the market growth in the near future.
The global gastrointestinal OTC drugs market is segmented on the basis of product, indication, end user, and region. On the basis of product, the market is segmented into laxatives, gastrointestinal cancer treatments, gastric acid reducers, anti-diarrheal, proton pump inhibitors, H2 inhibitors, gastric acid neutralizers, bowel anti-inflammatory, and anti-emetics. On the basis of indication, the market is segmented into gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or heartburn, constipation, diarrhea, motion sickness, and flatulence. On the basis of end user, it is categorized into clinics, pharmacies, hospitals, and others. Geographically, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operate in this market include Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Bayer AG, Sanofi, Abbott Laboratories, Pfizer Inc., Prestige Brands, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Procter & Gamble, and Purdue Pharma L.P.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global gastrointestinal OTC drugs market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global gastrointestinal OTC drugs market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global gastrointestinal OTC drugs market has been provided.
- Identification of factors that are instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global gastrointestinal OTC drugs market.
Gastrointestinal OTC Drugs Market Key Segments:
- Gastrointestinal Cancer Treatments
- Gastric Acid Reducers
- Proton Pump Inhibitors
- H2 Inhibitors
- Gastric Acid Neutralizers
- Bowel Anti-Inflammatory
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) or Heartburn
- Motion Sickness
By End User
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA