Gastrointestinal cancer is the abnormal condition of the gastrointestinal tract and associated organs of digestive system, which comprises esophagus, stomach, pancreas, biliary system, small intestine, large intestine, rectum, and anus. The symptoms of gastrointestinal cancer depend on the affected organ, and include obstruction (resulting in difficulty to swallow or excrete), unusual bleeding, or other related problems.
The global gastrointestinal cancer drugs market is driven by growth in prevalence of gastrointestinal cancer, increase in demand for targeted drug delivery, rise in public awareness, government initiatives to eliminate cancer, and patent expiry of key cancer drugs. However, high cost of drug development, threat of failure, and adverse effects of cancer drug therapy, particularly chemotherapy hinder the market growth. Nevertheless, advancements in cancer drug research, such as biological/targeted therapies and personalized medicines provide opportunities for the market players to develop cancer drugs.
The global gastrointestinal cancer drug market is segmented on the basis of therapy, application, end user, and geography. Based on therapy, it is classified into immunotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, hormone therapy, adjuvant chemotherapy, and radiation therapy. On the basis application, it is divided into oncology, and radiology. Based on end user, it is categorized into hospitals, specialized cancer treatment centers, clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key market players profiled in this report include Amgen Limited & Amgen Ireland Limited, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Eli Lilly and Company, Johnson & Johnson Private Limited, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Celgene Corporation, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi, and Novartis AG.
- The report presents the market analysis of the global gastrointestinal cancer drugs market along with the regional trend and future estimations.
- It provides extensive information about the market segments from 2016 to 2023 to understand the market dynamics.
- The key factors that drive, hamper, or provide opportunities to the market are provided in the report
- Competitive landscape of the industry along with the profile analysis of market players is provided in the report.
Gastrointestinal Cancer Drugs Market Key Segments
- Targeted Therapy
- Hormone Therapy
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Radiation Therapy
By End User
- Specialized Cancer Treatment Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA