Gastrointestinal disorders are medical conditions related to the digestive system that affect the colon, small & large intestine, and rectum. The disorders mainly include constipation, peptic ulcer diseases, and irritable bowel syndrome characterized by various symptoms such as pain, bloating, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. Gastrointestinal therapeutics includes drugs, which are commercially available in the market namely Aciphex, Afinitor, Akynzeo, Dificid, and Prilosec.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the gastrointestinal therapeutics market include the increasing prevalence of gastrointestinal diseases due to unhealthy dietary habits, additional numbers of clinical trials with accurate results, increasing healthcare expenditure, and growth in the geriatric population. However, side effects associated with the drugs and stringent governmental regulations for the approval of drugs are expected to restrain the market development. Rising demand for self-medication & regenerative medicines, along with a number of patient assistance programs carried out in emerging countries will contribute to a significant demand for gastrointestinal therapeutics in the near future.
The global gastrointestinal therapeutics market is segmented on the basis of type, application, dosage form, end-user, and region. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into prescription based gastrointestinal therapeutics and OTC gastrointestinal therapeutics. Based on application, the market is segmented into gastroenteritis, gastrointestinal bleeding, irritable bowel syndrome, peptic ulcer disease, and others. According to dosage form, the market is bifurcated into oral and injections. On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, and others. Geographically, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in this market include Abbott Laboratories, Johnson & Johnson, AbbVie Inc., Salix Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline Plc., ALLERGAN, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, AstraZeneca, Astellas Pharma US, Inc., and Pfizer Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global gastrointestinal therapeutics market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global gastrointestinal therapeutics market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global gastrointestinal therapeutics market has been provided.
- Identification of factors that are instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global gastrointestinal therapeutics market.
Gastrointestinal Therapeutics Market Key Segments:
- Prescription Based Gastrointestinal Therapeutics
- OTC Gastrointestinal Therapeutics
- GI Bleeding
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Peptic Ulcer Disease (PUD)
By Dosage Form
By End User
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA