Gastroparesis is a medical condition of the stomach, which affects the normal spontaneous movement of the muscles of the stomach. It restricts the normal digestion, causes vomiting, and problems related with blood sugar levels & nutrition. Various medications or drugs are prescribed to treat gastroparesis such as reglan, erythromycin, antiemetics, and others.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the gastroparesis drugs market include increasing prevalence of gastroparesis, introduction of novel methods to treat gastroparesis, rising diabetic population, increasing geriatric population, and growing gastric surgeries, thus enhancing the prevalence rate of post-surgical gastroparesis. However, complications in diagnosis and usage of non-prescription drugs to control gastroparesis hamper the growth of the global gastroparesis drugs market. High demand for the development of user friendly drugs, rising healthcare infrastructure, and creative marketing initiatives by key vendors in emerging countries will contribute to significant demand for gastroparesis drugs in the near future.
The global gastroparesis drugs market is segmented on the basis of disease type, drug class, distribution channel, and region. On the basis of disease type, the market is segmented into diabetic gastroparesis, idiopathic gastroparesis, and others. Based on drug class the market is divided into prokinetic agents, antiemetic agents, and botulinum toxin injection. On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into hospitals, pharmacies, private clinics, drug stores, retail pharmacies, and e-commerce. Geographically, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in this market include Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Valeant, Evoke Pharma, Cadila Pharmaceuticals, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Theravance Biopharma, Medtronic Plc., Allergan, Inc., and C. R. Bard, Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global gastroparesis drugs market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global gastroparesis drugs market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global gastroparesis drugs market has been provided.
- Identification of factors that are instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global gastroparesis drugs market.
Gastroparesis Drugs Market Key Segments:
By Disease Type
- Diabetic Gastroparesis
- Idiopathic Gastroparesis
By Drug Class
- Prokinetic Agents
- Antiemetic Agents
- Botulinum Toxin Injection
By Distribution Channel
- Private Clinics
- Drug Stores
- Retail Pharmacies
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA