Gate-All-Around FET (GAAFET) is a multi-gate device that interpolates more than one gate devices into a single device. GAAFET is silicone nanowire with gate going around it. It is a device, where the gate is placed on all four sides of the channel. These multiple gates are controlled by a single gate electrode.
GAAFET technology has gained popularity among various applications such as electronic switch in power management, auto intensity control of street lights, and MARX generator-based high voltage. Also, they are widely used in low voltage switches (less than 200V). The major factor that drives the demand of GAAFET technology market is the enhancement of breakdown voltage. Minimized energy losses is also the key driver of the market. In addition GAAFET also has high efficiency, improved durability, and it supports high input impudence, which in turn fuels the market growth. High fabrication cost majorly restricts the market growth. However, performance issues such as current leakage and breakdown hamper the market. Irrespective of these challenges, government initiatives to establish HVDC & smart grid and increase in demand for consumer electronic are expected to provide huge opportunities for the market in the years to come.
The Gate-All-Around FET (GAAFET) market is segmented on the basis of application and geography. Based on application, it is classified into energy & power, consumer electronics, inverter & UPS, industrial system, and others (medical devices & traction). Based on geography, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Mexico, and Canada), Europe (UK, Germany, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
Major companies profiled in the report include Infineon Technologies AG, Fairchild Semiconductor, Renesas Electronics Corporation, Digi-Key Electronics, Toshiba Corporation, IXYS Corporation, Power Integration, STMicroelectronics, NXP semiconductors, and ABB Group.
- Comprehensive analysis of the current trends and future estimations in the market is provided from 2017 to 2023.
- The report offers a competitive scenario of the market with growth trends, structure, driving factors, scope, opportunities, and challenges.
- The report includes a detailed analysis of the key segments to provide insights on market dynamics.
- Porters Five Forces analysis highlights the potential of buyers and suppliers as well as provides insights on the competitive structure of the market to devise effective growth strategies and facilitate better decision-making.
Gate-all-around Fet (Gaafet) Technology Market Key Segmentation:
- Energy & Power
- Consumer Electronics
- Inverter & UPS
- Industrial System
- Others (Medical Devices & Traction)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Fairchild Semiconductor.
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Digi-Key Electronics
- Toshiba Corporation
- IXYS Corporation
- Power Integration
- NXP semiconductors
- ABB Group