Gauze bandage is type of bandage commonly used in hospitals and clinics to cover a large wound and to isolate the wounded area from foreign substances. Generally, this gauze bandage comes in different sizes and can be used to hold a dressing in place. Gauge bandages are made from cotton fibers and linen, and are held in place by use of tapes.
Increase in incidence of chronic wounds and rise in use of gauze bandages in dressing and first aid medical boxes drive the demand for gauze bandages. Use of gauze bandage in novel medical applications and development of better gauze bandages, such as stretchable gauze bandages, provide opportunities for market growth. However, frequent change of gauze dressing and low effectiveness for moist wound healing impede the market growth.
The global gauze bandages market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography. Based on type, it is divided into antimicrobial gauze, conforming gauze, impregnated gauze, bordered gauze, packing gauze, and others. Based on application, it is bifurcated into hospital and clinics. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Major players analyzed in this report are Johnson & Johnson Private Limited, Medtronic, Smith & Nephew, 3M, Dynarex, Medline Industries, Inc., Derma Sciences Inc., Aeploa Co., Ltd., Hartmann USA, and Kawamoto Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global gauze bandages market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market is provided.
- It offers a quantitative analysis to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Gauze Bandages Market Key Segments:
- Antimicrobial Gauze
- Conforming Gauze
- Impregnated Gauze
- Bordered Gauze
- Packing Gauze
- Others (Sterile Gauze Pads, Non-sterile Gauze Pads, Stretch Gauze Bandages, and Paraffin Gauze)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA