Gauze swabs are placed over a wound prior to wound dressings to clean and prepare wounds for dressing. These can be layered sterile cotton or cellulose gauze, which can be soaked in antiseptic liquid and are used to wipe over hard surfaces.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the gauze swabs market include the rising ageing population who are more prone to surgeries & injuries, increasing road households, sports accidents, increasing healthcare expenditure owing to advanced wound care dressings, and high incidence of diabetic wounds & chronic infections. However, factors such as limited reimbursement policies in emerging countries and high costs of dressings restrain the market growth. The development of advanced gauze swabs with wider applications and skin-friendly cost-effective gauze swabs by key vendors provide numerous opportunities for the market growth.
The gauze swabs market is segmented on the basis of type, end user, and region. Based on type gauze swabs are divided into non-sterile gauze swabs and sterile gauze swabs. On the basis of end user, the market is classified into hospitals, clinics, homecare, and others, which include ambulatory surgical centers and medical centers. By geography, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in this market include 3M Company, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic Plc., Cardinal Health, Medline Industries, Inc., BSN medical, Winner Medical Group Inc., Synergy Health plc, Aero Healthcare, and Baxter International Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- Identification of factors that are instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Gauze Swabs Market Key Segments:
Non-Sterile Gauze Swabs
- Sterile Gauze Swabs
By End User
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA