Gelatin Market Analysis
Gelatin is a flavorless, colorless, translucent substance derived from collagen, which is originated from animal body parts. It is brittle to touch when it is dry, gummy when moist and thick, and liquid when heated up. Gelatin is also known as hydrolyzed collagen once it has undergone hydrolysis. Dried and hydrolyzed gelatin contains 92% protein. Gelatin comes in the form of granules, powder, and sheets. It is used as a gelling agent in food, medicines, cosmetics, papers, and others.
- Industries across the globe have been majorly impacted due to the sudden outbreak and widespread of the novel coronavirus.
- This has created a demand- supply gap, which is affecting the manufacturing process post lockdown.
- Import and export of raw materials required for the manufacturing of gelatin have also been affected, which has impacted the manufacturing and supply of gelatin. This pandemic has created negative impact on the market.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis:
Gelatin finds application in different sectors such as food & beverages, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and others. It is popularly used in food & beverages, owing to its prominent gelling and stabilizing properties. Recently, there is increase in consumption of food products such as pasta, jellies, jams, and ice-creams. Gelatin is also used in the preparation of cakes, pastries, and desserts. This contributes to the growth of the gelatin market. The raw materials used to make gelatin are majorly animal-based as they are derived from the bones and skin of animals. These are considerably used to manufacture food and are considered to be food-grade gelatin. On the other hand, the other type of gelatin, which is non-food grade, is extensively used in the manufacturing of cosmetics, personal care products, and photography. The demand for
hair products containing gelatin for better hair texture, hair quality, and reduction in hair fall is another factor that drives the gelatin market growth.
However, government regulations regarding the usage of animal-based products in the food industry are very stringent. These regulations revolve around the concern of spreading of diseases form animal-based products intended for consumption by humans. Adherence to these regulations is very important and sourcing such raw materials in compliance with stringent regulations can hamper the market growth of gelatin. The base raw materials for gelatin are also sourced from pig skin. However, strict rules prohibiting the consumption of pig in Islamic countries can affect the growth of the gelatin market in a negative way. In addition, Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (PEDv), a disease linked with pigs can hinder the market growth as the supply and consumption of raw materials sourced out of pigs can be affected.
Asia-Pacific is expected to grow significantly in terms of demand for food products such as pasta, noodles, jams, jellies, and ice creams, owing to the usages of gelatin as a stabilizer in these food items. Increase in demand for healthy food and food that is convenient drives the market growth of gelatin, owing to rapidly increasing modernization and changing life styles. Europe is attributed to be the market leader of gelatin. This is attributed to the strict rules & regulations for the usage of premium-quality ingredients for the production of gelatin. The demand for gelatin in the region is also attributed to the increase in demand for cosmetics & personal care products, pharmaceutical products, and food & beverages. Furthermore, rise in demand for packaged foods in countries like such as the U.S. and Canada also increases the demand for gelatin, wherein gelatin is used in packaged food to keep the food stabilized and increase its shelf life.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the gelatin market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the gelatin market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the gelatin market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the gelatin market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Gelatin Market Report Highlights
By Raw Material
Key Market Players
Gelita, Junca Gelatines, Tessenderlo Group, Darling Ingredients, India Gelatine & Chemicals, Nitta Gelatin, Weishardt, Trobas Gelatine, Lapi Gelatine, Sterling Biotech Group