Gene expression is a procedure of deriving information from a gene to synthesize a functional gene product. Gene expression analysis is a combination of various steps-transcription, RNA splicing, translation, and post-translational modification of a protein. Gene expression is used to study genetic codes stored in DNA and properties of the expression determine the phenotype of the organism.
The major factors that contribute to the growth of the gene expression market include increasing number of cancer patients, high demand for personalized medicines, decreasing costs of sequencing procedures, high funding offered by the government, and development in R&D activities especially for gene therapy. However, factors such as high costs of instrumentation and lack of skilled professionals restrain the market development. Technological advancements in drug discovery, disease diagnosis, and rising popularity of gene expression tests in emerging countries provide lucrative opportunities for the market growth in the near future.
The global gene expression market is segmented on the basis of equipment, consumables, services, application, and region. On the basis of equipment, the market is segmented into polymerase chain reaction (PCR), next-generation sequencing (NGS), DNA Microarray, and others. Based on consumables, the market is bifurcated into DNA chips and reagents. According to services the market is segmented into gene expression profiling services and bioinformatics solutions. Gene expression profiling services is further divided into sequencing services and other services. On the basis of application, the market is segmented into research, drug discovery, diagnostic, and others. Geographically, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in this market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., QIAGEN N.V., Illumina, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Agilent Technologies, PerkinElmer Inc., GE Healthcare, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Oxford Gene Technology, and Becton, Dickinson and Company.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global gene expression market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the global gene expression market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global gene expression market has been provided.
- Identification of factors that are instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale have been provided.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help understand the competitive outlook of the global gene expression market.
Gene Expression Market Key Segments:
- DNA Microarrays
- Next-generation Sequencing
- DNA Chips
- Gene Expression Profiling Services
- Sequencing Services
- Other services
- Bioinformatics Solutions
- Drug Discovery
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA