Gene therapy is a technique that involves the delivery of nucleic acid polymers into a patients cells as a drug to treat diseases. It fixes a genetic problem at its source. The process involves modifying the protein either to change the genetic expression or to correct a mutation. The emergence of this technology meets the rising needs for better diagnostics and targeted therapy tools. For instance, genetic engineering can be used to modify physical appearance, metabolism, physical capabilities, and mental abilities such as memory and intelligence.
In addition, it is also used for infertility treatment. Gene therapy offers a ray of hope for patients who either have no treatment options or show no benefits with drugs currently available. The ongoing success has strongly supported upcoming researches and has carved ways for enhancement of gene therapy.
The gene therapy market is a widely expanding field in the pharmaceutical industry with new opportunities. This has piqued the interests of venture capitalists to explore this market and its commercial potential. Major factors that drive the growth of this market include high demands for DNA vaccines to treat genetic diseases, targeted drug delivery, and high incidence of genetic disorders. However, the stringent regulatory approval process for gene therapy and the high costs of gene therapy drugs are expected to hinder the growth of the market.
The global gene therapy market is segmented on the basis of technology into genetic constructs, liposome mediated transfers, and viral vectors. On the basis of application it is segmented into oncology, cardiovascular diseases, neurological disorders, and genetic disorders. Geographically, this market has been analyzed North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. This report profiles key players such as AnGes MG, Inc., Urigen Pharmaceuticals Inc., GENVEC, INC., Vical Inc., ANI Pharmaceuticals, Inc. , and Oxford BioMedica plc .
Key Market Benefits:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global gene therapy market from 2016 to 2023 that helps identify upcoming market opportunities.
- Geographically, the world gene therapy market has been analyzed based on North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and hinder the growth of the global gene therapy market has been provided. For instance, a high demand for DNA vaccines and efficient techniques will drive the global gene therapy market; however, high costs are likely to be a major restraint for the market.
- The comparative knowledge of leading manufacturers and distributors helps understand the competitive scenario across the regions.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the global gene therapy market has been provided with key market dynamic factors that help understand the behavior of the market.
- Insights have been provided on major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming that will also help identify untapped regions
Gene Therapy Market Key Segments:
- Genetic constructs
- Liposome mediated transfers
- Viral vectors
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Neurological disorders
- Genetic diseases
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA