Genomics is a field of science that studies the genetic material of an organism that includes the structure, function, evolution, mapping, and editing of genomes. Genomics deals with collective characterization and quantification of an organism's genes, their interrelations, and impact on the organism. Genomics involves the sequencing and analysis of genomes through bioinformatics and uses of DNA sequencing to gather and analyze the function and structure of complete genomes. Advances in genomics have generated a revolution in discovery-based research and in complex biological system. It also includes studies of intragenomic phenomena such as effect of one gene on another (epistasis), one gene affecting more than one trait (pleiotropy), and other interactions between loci and alleles within the genome.
Increase in use of genomics in R&D of new drugs, rise in competition in the global pharmaceutical industry, surge in demand for genetically modified animals and plants, constantly reducing prices of genetic procedures, market growth initiatives taken by private & public organizations, rise in demand for nucleic acid sequencing, and entry of new players in the genomics market, are the key factors that drive the growth of the genomics market. Moreover, increase in preference for modified medicine and popularization of alliances between research institutes & companies are expected to offer new growth opportunities to the players of the genomics market. However, lack of skilled professionals, high equipment costs required in genomics, and the lack of awareness in some countries are anticipated to restrict the growth of the genomics market across the globe.
The genomics market is segmented based on deliverable, application, end user, and region. Based on deliverables, the market is bifurcated into products, and services. Products are further divided into instruments, and reagents. Services are further divided into core genomics, NGS-based, biomarker translation, computational, and others. Based on application, the market is segmented into functional, epigenomics, biomarkers discovery, pathway analysis, and others. Functional segment is further categorized into real-time PCR, RNA interference, transfection, mutational analysis, and SNP analysis. Epigenomics are further classified into high resolution melt (HRM), methylated DNA immunoprecipitation (MeDIP), bisulfite sequencing, chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP-Seq), chromatin accessibility assays, and microarray analysis. Biomarkers are further divided into mass spectrometry, microarray analysis, statistical analysis, bioinformatics, and DNA sequencing. Pathway analysis is further segmented into bead-based analysis, microarray analysis, real-time PCR, and proteomics tools (2-D PAGE, yeast 2-hybrid studies). Based on end user, the market is classified into clinical research, government and academic institutes, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, hospitals and clinics, and others. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major players operating in the genomics market include Agilent Technologies, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Danaher, BGI, Illumina, Inc., Pacific Biosciences, Oxford Nanopore Technologies, 23andMe, Inc., Foundation Medicine, Inc., and Myriad Genetics, Inc.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market trends and market forecast estimations, which assists to identify the prevailing genomics market opportunities.
- An in-depth market analysis includes study of various regions and is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders to formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the global market is provided.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current market trends and future market potential in terms of value.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand competitive outlook of the global genomics market.
Genomics Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., 23andMe Inc., Foundation Medicine Inc, Agilent Technologies, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Illumina Inc., Oxford Nanopore Technologies, Pacific Biosciences, BGI, Danaher